Update Fuel economy / Sat Nav..

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

Well arrived in France 760 miles .. Two e-bikes on the tow bar carrier to add to the drag and a car weighed down to restock the caravan and returned 48mpg..
Sat-Nav was good although I used my Tom Tom as it’s set to stay off the toll roads.. Not seen on the sat nav but are you able to set routes preferred roads , like no toll roads etc..Seen lots saying no need to use deflection stickers as headlights done blind others, in my case they do as the weight of the bikes and kit being carried lifted thé front..Will adjust the light manually for the return trip as it’s through the night. A good thing would have been an adjustment switch on the dash ..Have say it was a very comfortable drive seat position etc and effortless

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

That mpg is very close to the official WLTP for your D3 diesel.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

The lights when you switch on do their self levelling thing, so should compensate for the car loaded.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

2023 XC40 FWD B4 Ultimate in Vapour Grey
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

Felindre wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 am The lights when you switch on do their self levelling thing, so should compensate for the car loaded.
I thought that as well but may need to drop them a little as everyone flashed me coming down.. And I don’t want to get pulled over..
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

GRAF wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:30 am Re avoiding toll roads;

https://www.xc40forum.com/threads/can-y ... olls.5533/
From previous postings, it would appear it's a Sensus system, not Google..

Like many items on the Sensus, the setting is there, but it isn't that intuitive to find it.

The avoidance settings (including Toll Roads) are in the main System settings (drag/touch the two bars from the top of the screen and select "settings") under the Navigation Settings item (you'll need to scroll the screen).

Set the avoidance parameters before going into the navigation screen to set a route. (There are warnings in the written instructions that, if this leads to very convoluted routeing, it might be ignored ;) )
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)