First Volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

ChrisLF wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:38 am Tried the remote start this morning, well tried to, but it's asking for a password. How do I set one as it's not accepting my Volvo ID one? After further reading seems it's my phone password etc., is that right?

And what else can be set remotely as the manual is very vague? Heated seats and steering wheel (as per the latest update), heated front and rear screens and mirrors? Do these have to be set in the car's Menu?

I see that you can choose to start the engine or not. How can the cabin temperature be raised without the engine running if you don't have climate control which I assume I don't? I assume I do have to start the engine then?
On my iPhone it is the phones passcode that is required to start the engine. The engine needs to run for the petrol engine.

The car will turn on heating as per the options you have set in the car central display.

My mpg displayed in the app is very wrong, 100.9mpg.
XC40 MY23 B4P Plus AWD 7 Speed Auto AAOS

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

JFDIT wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:09 am Chris,
Yes, whatever you use to unlock your phone is required to start the car from the app.
The settings available are in the Climate Control screen in the car. Currently Seats, Steering Wheel (which already worked on mine before the latest OS update) front and rear screens. I believe some countries have a separate heater fitted or is it for EVs? Don't know. But that app option not available not ours.
Thanks John, will have a look later when the car's unfrozen!

Thanks Poleposition.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Cevoli21 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:54 am
ChrisLF wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:30 am
JFDIT wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:15 pm I like the waste bin and parking ticket windscreen clip! What other manufacturer gives you those?
Didn't they drop the ticket clip at one point and then reintroduce it?

I had one in my Skoda Yeti.
They did drop it. According to my dealer there was such an outcry that it was swiftly reintroduced!
Quite right too! How much were they looking to save! Unfortunately it just shows the mentality of some of those making the decisions and forgetting that it's the little details that are important between one car and another and what are useful to customers.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
rowen180@sky.com

Post by rowen180@sky.com »

Update from 16th Jan. Car went back to dealer today to investigate the feint line on the main display. Within an hour I had a call from the technician, initially he couldn’t see it but when I talked him through it he could and echoed my thoughts that one you see it you can’t unsee it. Agreed it was faulty and said it would be replaced under warranty but might take 2/3 weeks as the required part is “sitting on a
shelf somewhere in Sweden”. Well pleased with the outcome especially as the estimated cost was £1457. As if that wasn’t enough good news when he realised the car was booked in for a towbar fitting tomorrow he said he had a light day and could fit it there and then, saving me another 50 mile round trip.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

It's nice to read someone is happy with their Dealer and their purchase experience has been good.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.