Drivers display explanation

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
Pete-T

Post by Pete-T »

I've just bought an xc40 mild hybrid but can't find any information to explain the driver display dials.

ie: why does the right hand dial have "ready" printed on it?
whats the significance of the way the dial keeps scrolling up, down and over to 3 oclock?
whats the teardrop icon at 12 oclock?
what is the scale below the "ready" icon for?

Would appreciate any clarity from more seasoned owners.

Thanks
Pete

AldridgeAndy

Post by AldridgeAndy »

As a fellow XC40 mild hybrid owner, I think a photo would really help on this occasion.
2024 MY - Volvo XC40 B3 Plus Dark
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Sounds like it may be in ECO mode,have you tried changing the drive mode ?
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

You can switch it to a regular rev counter...
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
clockworks

Post by clockworks »

Mine's a T5 plug-in, so possibly different.

Needle pointing at "Ready" is to show that the car will actually move when you press the accelerator, despite the ICE engine not running (no revs).

The "teardrop" represents a fuel droplet - shows the point on the power gauge where the engine will start running. First part of the power gauge is running on battery, and shows power drawn from the battery, or being put back in by regeneration.

I agree that it's pretty confusing at first, but actually really useful once you get used to it.
Or, as already posted, you can switch the display to show a proper rev counter.
I've got mine set up to show the rev counter in hybrid/eco mode if I select "individual" drive mode.
2021 T5 Inscription plug-in hybrid
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

That's interesting, different to the sensus mild hybrid display. One point however is the mild hybrid isn't capable of running on battery, its just used to start the engine and I believe help take the strain of rolling away.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21