lubricant level warning

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
HugoF

Post by HugoF »

Hello,
It's amazing how these sites can connect people from all around the world who share the same interest in live sex cams.
https://livenudecam69.com/chat/kittycaitlin
https://hotlivesexcam.com/chat/_keti_
https://asiancamsex.me/weeb-chats-up-hits-on-asian-k/
Last edited by HugoF on Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

It shouldn't inject extra fuel each time it starts, only when the Diesel Particulate Filter needs clearing. Short journeys means the DPF will need regenerating more frequently and the lubricating oil takes on unburned diesel each time. Longer journeys will obviously help. Given your use, If it was my car, I'd be getting the oil changed more frequently - each time the oil level is lowered dilution increases and diesel fuel oil isn't a very good lubricant.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Classic DPF regen issue from short journeys. As I recall, Mazda's used to have a particular issue with it.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

A diesel engine needs a good run regularly to stop this, When I had my D3 i used to give it a regular 10 mile run in a lower gear. No problems then.
jonathan66

Post by jonathan66 »

Hi, this is a known issue with the D4 engine. Waylands Volvo Bristol recommended to me to have the oil refilled with 4.7L and not the specified 5.2L. This allows room for 0.5L or more of fuel to be added as a result of the failed DPF regeneration cycles. I did 8000 miles last year with a mix of short and long journeys. After the 4.7L fill the guage started out 10-15 divisions from max (guage has 50 divisions) and after 8000 miles it had risen to the max but I had no oil warnings coming on as previously. I have just had it serviced and requested another refill with 4.7L

Oil level tracking D4 engine.JPG

XC40 Inscription MY2020 D4 AWD
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Diesel engines can do this if the DPF fails a regeneration cycle. DPF filters store soot, which is burned off during a regeneration cycle. The system burns off soot two ways, a passive regeneration that takes place while driving using the natural heat of the exhaust or an active regeneration by injecting extra diesel to increase the temp of the exhaust gases. Should the filter be blocked or the engine switched off before regeneration is complete then any un-burnt diesel is dumped into the sump. Sounds ok in theory but a modern engine oil that's been contaminated by diesel is not an ideal bearing lubricant, and would recommend an oil and filter change if contamination has taken place. A modern diesel car fitted with a DPF is not suitable for regular short journeys of less than 15 miles and repeated failure to complete the regeneration cycle will lead to costly problems.
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

You will find the concept, science and operational needs behind petrol and diesel filters as different as chalk and cheese
Stovo

Post by Stovo »

BuzBox wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:15 pm You will find the concept, science and operational needs behind petrol and diesel filters as different as chalk and cheese
That may be the case, but still the potential to have issues with PPF’s, and not just DPF’s.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Stovo wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:52 pm Not just diesels.

https://www.volvocars.com/en-om/support ... 512437276b
Most roads I use have a 50 mph limit! :roll:
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.