Speed Camera Auditable Alerts?

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
leeroy7031

Post by leeroy7031 »

Hi,

I've just taken receipt of my XC40 recharge P8 having come from a V60 cross country. I can see in the dash that there is a notification of speed camera but there is no auditable warning. I had this feature on the old car and have also seen others posting settings on how to address this, however this seems to be for other models that do not have the Google infotainment system.

viewtopic.php?t=2485

Does anyone know if it is possible to have an auditable warning for speed camera set up and if so how do you do this please?

thanks in advance.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor First Edition

percymon

Post by percymon »

My C40 puts the camera symbol in the speedo display and gives an audible tone - there is a small camera icon also shown on the google map display albeit you have to zoom in somewhat to really see what the icon is.

I cant find any setting in the menu structures around cameras specifically, or even other POIs. The only thing i can suggest is you check the various volume settings for alerts, calls, audio etc - it may be the one with the alarm symbol is turned down low ?
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Mine has never given an audible warning. Google speed camera location isn't that great anyway.
I use TomTom Amigo free app on my phone, it starts automatically when the phone Bluetooths to the car and provides Verbal details of upcoming speed cameras. Excellent hit rate for mobile cameras too and doesn't need a route set to work. What's not to like!? Saved my skin a number of times.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.