eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Top Gear’s opinion:

Moss

Post by Moss »

Made in China.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Moss wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:51 pmMade in China.
Compared to what? Made in Belgium or the USA :lol:
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
Moss

Post by Moss »

m@rk wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:36 am
Moss wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:51 pmMade in China.
Compared to what? Made in Belgium or the USA :lol:
Compared to anywhere else.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

UK prices and specifications for the all-new, all-electric EX30 announced now:

All-new EX30, Volvo’s smallest ever SUV, on sale to UK customers from today
Three electric powertrains:
Single Motor with 272hp and 51kWh battery
Single Motor Extended Range with 272hp and 69kWh battery
Twin Motor Performance with 428hp and 69kWh battery
On-the-road prices from £33,795
Two equipment grades at launch – Plus and Ultra; additional Core entry-level grade to be introduced later
Plus specification includes 12.3-inch touchscreen display, two-zone climate control, Harman Kardon premium sound system with dashboard soundbar, front and rear parking sensors and rear camera, heated front seats and steering wheel, a heat pump and an 11kW on-board charger
Additional features on Ultra grade include 360-degree camera with virtual 3D view, fixed panoramic sunroof, Park Pilot Assist self-parking system, 20-inch alloy wheels, power-adjustable front seats and a 22kW on-board charger
All new EX30s benefit from three-year/60,000-mile care package
UK customer deliveries from first quarter of 2024

More here: https://www.ex30forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=112

313329_Volvo_EX30_interior.jpg

313323_Volvo_EX30_exterior.jpg

313301_Volvo_EX30_exterior.jpg

313299_Volvo_EX30_exterior.jpg

313297_Volvo_EX30_exterior.jpg

313292_Volvo_EX30_exterior.jpg

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Might be OK for company car buyers but not for many of those that have to buy their own.

Started off positive at £34k. but as usual to get things you want like power seats (unless can be added as an extra which unfortunately you are being less able to do) you have to go up trim levels and pay for things you don't want like big wheels and a panoramic roof and you're up to £42k. at least!
Last edited by ChrisLF on Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

EX30 was claimed to undercut Tesla 3 in price, but in reality to get EX30 with same options as a basic Tesla 3 (including range!) will make Volvo much more expensive. The truly low price version is the Core trim (not available in UK) with small LPF battery and basic equipment (not even dimming rear view mirror) for city driving.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

ChrisLF wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:15 pm Started off positive at £34k. but as usual to get things you want like power seats (unless can be added as an extra which unfortunately you are being less able to do)
This looks to be a response to the global supply chain shortages and long lead times and is happening with a lot of manufacturers.

Where previously, almost every car was built to order, with a customer getting a build slot in the hope the right parts will be available at the time (and often aren't), now you get a situation where the factory can make say 1000 x Ultimates in Blue on Monday, 1000 red ones on Tuesday, 1000 yellow Cores in LHD on Wednesday and so on. Much more efficient but also significantly reduces the risk of supply chain induced delays. You even get a situation where the car you want is already built and sutting in the compound at Immingham ready for delivery.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I understand that but what frustrates me is that things like electric seats, rear view cameras and the like (talking generally here) are comfort or safety related and should be available across all trims not just on the top one. The electric seats with memory I have now are really useful as my wife and I have quite different seat positions.

I've just looked at the EX30 specs and it doesn't look as though electric seats can be added so it would be a deal breaker for me. Not that interested anyway whilst you can still buy bigger ICE cars for less money. I nearly ordered an XC40 Plus which I did manage to spec as I wanted for a good price after a discount but of course that horse has bolted now as Volvo move to online only.

I moved from VWG because pano roofs were being forced on me as part of the spec I wanted and Volvo are doing the same. Trouble is as you say many manufacturers are going down that route now.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.