Saving new tyre pressure

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Jb41

Post by Jb41 »

Hi. Have just joined after buying a 2018 XC40. Having trouble with saving a new tyre pressure in TPMS. Followed the procedure, but the system seems to never finish. The dealer says it can take up to a half hour driving. This seems like a long time. Does anyone else have any experience of this. I’d like to get an idea of the average time for it to complete.

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Yes. I pumped mine for the recommendation for a full load before a long trip. The spinner was taking so long I thought there was something wrong and had to leave it to go off somewhere. Next time I checked, it had set. So it takes a while, but I can't say how long.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Joss

Post by Joss »

Takes 2 miles driving at more than 20mph
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green
Jb41

Post by Jb41 »

Thank you. I drove for about 3-4 miles up to 30 mph for some of the time, but the wheel on the screen was still going round, so had to leave it. Will check again today to see if it has done anything. Thanks again for the info.
Jb41

Post by Jb41 »

Just a quick update. Have just been out and the system reset after about 4-5 miles.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Patience my boy!
Nifad

Post by Nifad »

After having new tyres (same as previously fitted) on my 2019 XC40 I'm having difficulty resetting the "exclamation" warning on the cars status app. I have checked the tyre pressures and adjusted them all to the required pressure and then carried out the tyre pressure reset procedure and subsequently driven 12 miles over 22mph waiting for the app to reset. All seems fine other than I still have a warning on the app saying that there is a problem with the car status which again is the TPMS? Could the Tyre company have done something to the TPMS system?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Nifad wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:35 am Could the Tyre company have done something to the TPMS system?
Maybe they messed up the ABS sensors. More on the topic here: viewtopic.php?t=3095
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I recently had a puncture in the sidewall, annoyingly, and the TPMS did it's duty. After having the tyre replaced I reset the TPMS and everything was fine. Then about 25 miles later it went off again this time telling me I had a problem in all 4 tyres! Gave me quit a surprise... In fact all tyre were at correct pressure so reset TPMS Again and all has been fine since
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Could the Tyre company have done something to the TPMS system?
I wouldn’t be surprised if they have. I once took my car to “National” to have some new tyres fitted. The “technician” struggled for ages with one of the wheel studs. Then he told me he was going to have to drill it out to get the wheel off. I went over to have a look and pointed out to him that it was a locking wheel nut. Frightening level of incompetence.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.