New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
JoGunner

Post by JoGunner »

Hi all, I've just bought a second hand XC40 T3 MOMENTUM (ex demo). Thought we'd go for a second hand XC40 for now until this semi conductor issue is resolved (I can but hope!). Having only collected the car yesterday, I'm still learning the miriade of extras it's come with. Just one thing i cannot find reference to is a little black fob that came with the keys. Can someone give me a clue and whether i shouldcarry it with the main key? It was on the ring with the spare.

20220504_182953.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help and I look forward to learning more, hopefully, good information about these cars.

Alexandrovich

Post by Alexandrovich »

Hi, welcome to the forum and your new Volvo. I think the extra black fob is the sports key that is waterproof . It gives your access to the vehicle and the start up function, but doesn't have a replacement battery, so when it goes dead it needs replacing from the dealership. It should be refered to in the owners manual. Its for those owners who are into activities !!
Volvo XC40 T4 MY20 FWD Inscription Pro, Onyx Black, Blond interior, Winter Pack, Tempra Spare, Privacy Glass, Mudflaps, Dashcam and Reversing Camera. AutoGlym LifeShine.
JoGunner

Post by JoGunner »

Alexandrovich, thanks for the information, that explains why I thought I had heard the Salesman, mention the word wateproof at some point, but i missed the rest, so assumed I had misheard. Well, at least now i know it's something I probably won't need use of any time soon 😂.