Rear camera (not)

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
mhb15

Post by mhb15 »

We just purchased a late 2021 Recharge twin from Volvo Selekt for about 49k. I guess we did not do our research properly as we were totally shocked to discover it did not have a rear camera or front sensors. I now understand that these become standard on the plus model but it is bizarre and upsetting that such basic features are not standard on such an expensive vehicle, And our local dealer has quoted 800 pounds to retrofit a camera which seems a bit of a rip-off. Very annoying indeed.

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

49K for a used XC40 - and no camera or front parking sensors - where did the excellent value for money 2018-2020 XC40 go - good bye to value, hello to............ :cry:
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

mhb15 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:59 pm We just purchased a late 2021 Recharge twin from Volvo Selekt for about 49k. I guess we did not do our research properly as we were totally shocked to discover it did not have a rear camera or front sensors. I now understand that these become standard on the plus model but it is bizarre and upsetting that such basic features are not standard on such an expensive vehicle, And our local dealer has quoted 800 pounds to retrofit a camera which seems a bit of a rip-off. Very annoying indeed.
I'm sure you are frustrated and annoyed. But this is one you'll just have to chalk down to experience really and remember next time to look at the specification a little more closely to check it meets your requirements. It is easy to do with the complexity and ever changing specifications (particularly during the chip shortage) however you do have a remedy which at £800 is really only a tiny percentage of the purchase price. Take it on the chin and move on is my advice and enjoy the car.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

That seems on the side price wise…

I’d phone round a few other dealers and ask - I’m led to believe it’s a plug and play item and one of the XC40 I originally looked at didn’t have the camera, they quoted me about £400 to fit it…

Unless with all the shortages or that it’s the electric version, they’ve upped the price…
Matt75

Post by Matt75 »

Hi - just purchased a late 2021 ex-display xc40 recharge - love the car but like you realised that no rear camera exists, after ringing around the dealership and Volvo - they said first Editions had rear cameras as standard but the recharge doesn’t.

Seems really odd as trying to get a solution and happy to pay for it but simply cannot get any help ?

I was wondering did you acquire a solution here?

Thanks Matt
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Unfortunately, it does seam the retrofit option is not available for Pure Electric Recharge. Volvo can retrofit rear camera for T4 / T5 Recharge PHEV, more info here https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/Acce ... sory/30143
Tonylaw

Post by Tonylaw »

Matt75 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:30 am Hi - just purchased a late 2021 ex-display xc40 recharge - love the car but like you realised that no rear camera exists, after ringing around the dealership and Volvo - they said first Editions had rear cameras as standard but the recharge doesn’t.

Seems really odd as trying to get a solution and happy to pay for it but simply cannot get any help ?

I was wondering did you acquire a solution here?

Thanks Matt
Hi Matt

I have same issue with you, please I know if you have sorted out the problem finally?

Thanks
Tony
Matt75

Post by Matt75 »

I did not find a solution and was curious if you managed to install a rear camera?