Sensus Map 1380 now available...

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

FrankwH wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:28 pm I did the same as Andy! to a tee, as a 75 yr old silver surfer found it very easy,
Mud flaps fitted in about 5 mins by the way Andy thanks.
Cheers Frank
Was nice to meet 👍🏻

All the best
A

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

And 1390 update now available for NWE/UK and France. Should have waited duh.

Wondered if I could download both and let the car do its thing. Nope. Can only do 1 at a time then the USB drive has to be cleared to enable the second download to it.

Passes the time I guess :D
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

No point in doing the intermediate, just go straight to 1390!
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Doh, first time I've updated the maps since buying the car, did it using the PC and SanDisk SSD with no problems. That was to 1380.

Have now ticked auto-update having replaced the SIM. I assume it will then update to 1390?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

ChrisLF wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:31 pm Doh, first time I've updated the maps since buying the car, did it using the PC and SanDisk SSD with no problems. That was to 1380.

Have now ticked auto-update having replaced the SIM. I assume it will then update to 1390?
Yes, providing the update from what you’re on to the latest version isn’t too large - I ‘think’ 2gb is the largest they’ll do over air

Best way is to wait til you get the notification that there is a new update and it’s being downloaded / installed - it’ll either work and install or throw an error and you’ll have to use usb stick - I had to for last update 👍🏻
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Just checked the car and it's version 1386 so I'm assuming g there won't be too much difference between that and 1390?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

I don’t want to go too far off subject, but I’ve just read on-line that BMW plan to put their map updates on a monthly / annual subscription. The article also says they will offer a monthly subscription for heated seats and road-sign recognition etc. That makes Volvo’s free Sensus map updates seem so much better. (It wasn’t so long ago that Volvo charged £220 for a map update).

Bear in mind that it was a Daily Mail article, but let’s hope Volvo don’t start getting any ideas of that sort.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

I've seen the same thing reported elsewhere.

I guess it makes sense to fit *everything* on the line, and let those who want a feature activated to pay for it with the order, or buy it/rent it later.

BNW. Brave New World.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
goldy

Post by goldy »

The thing that pisses me off with new cars these days is that you get top range model (Inscription Pro) and then have to start paying to get extras that should be standard on top model eg I had to pay £450 ish to get keyless entry, shocking.
In the good old days the top got everything available. Granada Ghia you couldn't by extras as all on as standard.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

Mikeg1 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:34 pm I've seen the same thing reported elsewhere.

I guess it makes sense to fit *everything* on the line, and let those who want a feature activated to pay for it with the order, or buy it/rent it later.

BNW. Brave New World.

...nothing at all to do with the £40K tax break value. 8-)

Buy at a basic price and then, after delivery and registration, pay the one-off charge or rental to enable all those things that would have knocked it over.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)