Sensus Map 1380 now available...

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Buy at a basic price and then, after delivery and registration, pay the one-off charge or rental to enable all those things that would have knocked it over
That makes a lot of sense. I hadn’t thought of it that way. It seems like a good idea now (except for paying for the map updates). My car came with heated rear seats and steering wheel that I don’t need and wouldn’t pay for. I’d like to see how they’d stop me from using my sunroof until I cough up the dosh though 😀

Goldie - was your Granada Ghia the V6 fastback coupe model? I used to drool over them.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.

goldy

Post by goldy »

KiethR56.
I had a few white, silver and bronze but all saloons the coupé did nothing for me.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

@Sherwood

Ah.

Penny. Drops.

Apologies. My benefit in kind tax days are long gone 👴🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

...so are mine, but I wasn't thinking of BIK, but the extra VED per year (£355 p.a. currently) for vehicles over £40K list.

(and it was, but only slightly, tongue-in-cheek) ;)
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
asb

Post by asb »

We're still talking about map updates right?
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

We're still talking about map updates right?
Apologies asb. My fault for mentioning that BMW plan to charge for map updates. In hindsight, I should have raised a new thread in general chat.

So does anyone know when map version 1390 will be available to download? I downloaded 1386 a few weeks ago with no problems using USB, but I’m still not impressed with the amount of errors. On one occasion it told me to left where there was a “no left turn” sign, and another when it told me to turn onto a road that had a “not suitable for motor vehicles” sign.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Yep, it's available now! I downloaded last night and installed today
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Yep, it's available now!
That’s strange. I’ve looked at the download app in my car and it doesn’t show any new maps available. It still shows 1386. I’ll go on line on my laptop tomorrow and download it to usb.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

OK, thanks Larry, it is indeed available on line, but still not via my car. Possibly because the 4G signal is really bad around here. Lucky to get 3G at times.

I now have map version 1390 on a USB stick. For those on this forum who enjoy the detail (you know who you are): The NW Europe files are 2.76GB and took just under 7 minutes to download onto a 32GB Sandisk, FAT32 formatted in Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Loaded first time. No problems.

I'll start the upload to my car the next time I go out in it.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

KeithR56 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:54 am OK, thanks Larry, it is indeed available on line, but still not via my car. Possibly because the 4G signal is really bad around here. Lucky to get 3G at times.

I now have map version 1390 on a USB stick. For those on this forum who enjoy the detail (you know who you are): The NW Europe files are 2.76GB
Wonder if it’s down to the size of the file that it’s not over the air update then ??