Tesla may open its Supercharger network in UK to non-Tesla cars

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I appears that Tesla may open up its charging network in the UK to non-Tesla cars soon. It has been trialling this elsewhere. Should help with range anxiety on longer trips (although still not a lot of Tesla chargers up here in Scotland). Will likely cost more than what Tesla owners pay. Not sure if an adapter will be needed.

https://electrek.co/2022/03/30/tesla-op ... owners-uk/

Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Yes, been reading and watching about this...

It's definitely a step forward in the right direction, the infrastructure just doesn't appear to be progressing as fast as it's needed, if they're going to stick with the 2030 deadline...

But as you say, at what cost is it going to be to use one ??
nannusheikh

Post by nannusheikh »

It could definitely be a game-changer for electric vehicle adoption and ease range anxiety for many drivers.

I totally get what you mean about the scarcity of Tesla chargers in Scotland. Hopefully, as the electric vehicle infrastructure expands, we'll see more of them popping up in even more remote areas.

And speaking of Tesla, I wonder if this change might coincide with some new Model Y accessories being introduced to cater to a wider audience. Exciting times ahead for the EV community!