Speed camera warning

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Noticed the other day that when I passed 2 speed cameras in my local area that I knew about I didn’t get the normal ding to say that I was approaching a speed camera in 200/100 yards, the cameras have been there a long time, so it’s not a new installation issue. At first I thought it was a problem with with the warning system but it did give the due warning on a different camera situated on a main road.

I believe cameras are switched off, and there is obviously a system that the highways agency uses to store new camera locations and existing locations ,a system that Volvo and all other organisations must have access to . My thoughts are, does the same system store information for cameras that are switched off? Perhaps a more knowledgeable member can enlighten me.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my

Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

We’ve 2 cameras near home and mine bongs me go both of them, regardless if they’re active or not…

Do you get notifications for other cameras ? You’ve not accidentally turned it off in the settings have you ?

One thing I do like, is that it notifies you of those cameras on your side of the road and not the other side…
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Yes I do get notifications for other cameras, just thought it was odd that I didn’t for these 2 ? , I don’t tend to mess with any of the settings the dealer set it all up for me and what he did is fine for me .
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Hmm, strange that you do get notifications for others… wonder if it’s something to do with latest map update ??