Replacing P-SIM after expiry with '3' 24-month SIM

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

@m@rk - thanks for the info, some of us oldies do find it hard to understand and use new tech so guess we often wish to leave it alone when we should give it a go... :P @Greggspies - yep good point just like I do with the phone.... ;) @Chris John - nuts :lol:

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Happily putting a considerable amount of cash down on a car bristling with tech controlled by what is effectively its own on board computer, whilst being worried about its internet connection seems a tad....

....inconsistent 🤔

I'm 72. I embrace tech. All of it inside the house is connected and controlled via voice and phone - TV, sources, heating, lighting.

🤷🏻‍♂️
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Deleted User 3629

@Mikeg1 - "Happily putting a considerable amount of cash down on a car bristling with tech" :o - never happily and they are all the same these days :cry: - if it were optional then that box would remain blank :P - "worried about its internet connections inconsistent" - always worried about internet connections so consistent on that one - any other points!! :roll: - do remember guys, its only personal views and opinions posted in what should be a democratic society - no offence ever intended??? :)
Deleted User 3629

@Mikeg1 - sorry, just read your last point that your whole house is connected and controlled via voice and phone - wow :o - could not do that personally, would always worry about cyber attacks - if cars can be pinched via laptops and with all the stories you hear - that would make me feel very vulnerable :cry:
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Cars can be pinched with laptops? Tip. Stop reading the Daily Express.

Do I feel vulnerable because my house could be hacked? Err. No.

I even have a smart meter.

Oh wait. *They* will be able to turn it off 😱

OoOoOoOoO nOoOoOoO what have I done 🤦🏻‍♂️
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Deleted User 3629

Of course cars are being pinched using laptops - how do you think they are taken these days without the key?? :o Sarcasm - tut tut :lol:
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Scanners, yes, "going equipped w laptops" not so much. But anyone with keyless entry who doesn't take basic precautions is asking for trouble. XC40 a theft target? Not round here.

Can only suggest again. Stop reading the Express. Or source a 1975 Morris Marina. You'll be a lot happier.
Mike. West Yorks.

Deleted User 3629

@Mikeg! - nobody deserves to have the car pinched, know of a few who have had them stolen and after taking precautions :cry: - you say you are 72, at that age I had learned how to respect other people's views and opinions long before then without resorting to punitive remarks ;)
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Unlike others, I respect other PsoV. But some members here express theirs in a way which comes across as seemingly both dogmatic and intolerant of other views.

You crack on.
Mike. West Yorks.

Deleted User 3629

@Mikeg1 - Everyone has a view and an opinion, that's a good thing, and some views and opinions maybe strongly held positions often based on fears and/or experiences ;) - however you say that to you is seen as dogmatic and intolerant, which in itself comes across as dogmatic and intolerant :roll: .