XC40 starter issues!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
steve.mcl

Post by steve.mcl »

Does anyone have issues with their T3?
We have a three year old car with 21k.
Today, we experienced for the second time starter issues. When you start the car the engine and dials look as if the car is about to start, then the dials and engine just cuts out, so does not settle on idling. When we had a call out the first time this happened, we were told the battery was not fully charged. The car went to the garage and they said the battery was fine.
Today it happened again. 4 times I started the car and 4 times it failed, then it started.
I just want to know if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

I would get another opinion on the condition/ charging of the battery - today's modern cars need their batteries in tip top condition - and that would still be my first suspect, regardless of what the garage said.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Oh and change the battery in the key-fob too -, perhaps do that first, you never know....
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

The XC has 2 batteries, did they check both? I've the B4 so mine works differently from the T's but the manual mentions this.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
steve.mcl

Post by steve.mcl »

Thanks everyone for your help. I will get a second opinion on the battery !
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I have had a recall letter this week for a software update meant to fix problems with the starter motor on certain MY19 cars. I have had no issues with my T3 but have booked it in for the update in March.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.