Incorrect spec on delivery

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

I think its a Volvo UK thing. Certainly in Italy its possible to order any engine including B4 AWD with any trim level. Multiple equipment options can then be added much like the UK used to be. However they seem to work out significantly more expensive than UK models.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps

EmJay

Post by EmJay »

Leodis wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:21 pm As Oldie mentioned, Volvo have the customer over a barrel. You wait 9-12 months, build what they can and ship, if you reject they will sell it within a day or two and the customer is back to square one.

Not that its related to this thread, but the new "xc20" (not named yet) is to be built in China, all components- are been put out to tender in China only. Kinda says something really about the direction Volvo are taking.
Volvo Car Group (Volvo Cars) is owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding (Geely Holding) of China. That's why. 🥴
XC40 Momentum B4P (MY2021) Denim Blue, FWD, Automatic
Leodis

Post by Leodis »

EmJay wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:25 am
Leodis wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:21 pm As Oldie mentioned, Volvo have the customer over a barrel. You wait 9-12 months, build what they can and ship, if you reject they will sell it within a day or two and the customer is back to square one.

Not that its related to this thread, but the new "xc20" (not named yet) is to be built in China, all components- are been put out to tender in China only. Kinda says something really about the direction Volvo are taking.
Volvo Car Group (Volvo Cars) is owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding (Geely Holding) of China. That's why. 🥴
Yes I am aware of that my point is more removing manufacturing from the rest of the world with the usual poor quality to come out of China will lead to a poor Volvo brand, not sure where Sweden would fit in if their cars are made in China.
MY23 B3 Plus on order, no del date.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

I confirmed cancellation of my order with the dealer today. Volvo’s only solution was for me to place a new order for the higher priced, lower specced, reduced option combination MY23 model. Waiting for the promised return of my deposit now…

I will either keep the current car for a few years or look to another manufacturer for a new one. This is my first Volvo, first SUV and first automatic. It’s got 13,800 miles on the clock and the bodywork is in pristine condition. Everything is working fine (touch wood!) and it’s very easy and comfortable to drive. Can anyone with experience of the torque convert automatic gearbox advise on how reliable they are and any likely expected maintenance it might require in years 5 to 10?

If I go new then I’ll probably go back to a saloon, my wife is only 4’ 10” and just turned 70 and finds it difficult to climb up into to the XC40. Will most likely be petrol engines with DSG gearbox.

I came to the XC40 from a Skoda Superb L&K and thinking of getting another one. It’s had a facelift since my last one, now has full matrix adaptive LED headlamps, 360deg Camera, dynamic adjustable suspension etc. My last one was the biggest but most comfortable car I have ever driven. It was a manual diesel which would return 65 to 68mpg on a motorway run, 42 to 45 urban with a 66litre fuel tank. The Canton sound system in it beats the HK in the Volvo by a country mile. The Superb has excellent reversing lights too!😉 My only regret was I had a manual rather than an automatic. I’m going for a test drive next week to see if I’m tempted to go back…
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I would have done the same in your position.

As I've said elsewhere I bought my XC40 in 2019 but for the reasons you've given and more expensive I wouldn't buy one now. I came from a Skoda as well and owned many VW and Audi beforehand but was "forced" away as I couldn't get what I wanted - a route Volvo appear to be following now.

So glad I bought the XC40 when I did, love it and with only 8k. on the clock will be keeping it for a few years. By then EV may be more viable and I will look at other manufacturers including VAG as they won't have the engine and DSG issues then!

Torque converter autos are very reliable (one reason I came to Volvo but now changing to DSG!) and should be good for high mileage - in any case repairs will be far cheaper than buying another car!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

@Rifleman. You won't go far wrong with a 2.0L SKoda with a DGS Box, but your Volvo should be good for a few years yet. As for the future, Volvo are going too far down a different road to follow.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

After a Passat, then a disastrous foray into Peugeot, we'd been delighted with our 2 Yetis then a Karoq.

But after 10 yrs of Skoda, had really fancied a change. Next car is a good while away for us. Hopefully by then the industry will be less volatile.

Must be a nightmare right now.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Gnomeface

Post by Gnomeface »

When my 2016 Mercedes SLC was delivered my wife sat in the car whilst I completed the paperwork - until she soon came back and asked why it had 3 pedals instead of two! Mercedes had built it as Manual not Automatic. I got a demonstrator on loan for the 2 months it took to build another to the correct specification.

It turned out that a different dealer had reserved one of the Mercedes factory "non-allocated" build slots and changed the basic spec of it from auto to manual. When that reservation got cancelled, the slot should have reverted to the standard basic spec but although it was set back to Auto on all dealers' records, it did not get reset within the factory system. Then my dealer selected that slot and as it was an automatic just added my options - so it was built as a high-spec car but with the wrong transmission.

I've never before seen a salesman go white and start sweating! He treble-checked his paperwork (and so did I) before we relaxed a bit.
Family car - XC40 T5 Inscription Pro, Glacier Silver, charcoal leather, Intellisafe Pro and Xenium packs. Dog guard and mud flaps added since.
Fun car - Mercedes SLC
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Back in the late 90's brought a brand new just released Ford Mondeo ST24 v6 - ordered it in a new fabulous flame red - on handover day, the dealer took me to the area where two ST24 were side by side awaiting their new owners, and said what do you think - I replied - glad I didn't have it in white but the black one looks nice, now where is mine................. :o
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

... And? Don't keep us on tenderhooks, how was it resolved :-)
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21