Random electrical gremlins?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Garage has just called me. Apparently nothing wrong with the car again despite being in for the 5th time for the same issue and being delivered to them on a recovery truck electrically dead.
Dealer read out to me the transcript from Volvo technical and it shows either a massive lack of knowledge or a total ignorance to the issue, several contradicting statements.

Back in their court again as we have said we will not accept the car back.....

XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

If not done already, call trading standards. They will offer advice on how to start the rejection process.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

stu22 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:48 am Garage has just called me. Apparently nothing wrong with the car again despite being in for the 5th time for the same issue and being delivered to them on a recovery truck electrically dead.
Dealer read out to me the transcript from Volvo technical and it shows either a massive lack of knowledge or a total ignorance to the issue, several contradicting statements.

Back in their court again as we have said we will not accept the car back.....
Hope you get it sorted out, not helping that they’re saying nothing wrong, when obviously there is !
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Well the XC40 is going tomorrow....

We have done a deal with our dealer against a nearly new XC60, my wife has totally lost faith in the XC40 which is a massive shame as its a nice car but their inability to resolve this issue has proven to be its downfall.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

stu22 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:22 am Well the XC40 is going tomorrow....

We have done a deal with our dealer against a nearly new XC60, my wife has totally lost faith in the XC40 which is a massive shame as its a nice car but their inability to resolve this issue has proven to be its downfall.
Nice - what model you going for ?

Hope they looked after you given the issues...
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Andy40 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:03 pm
stu22 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:22 am Well the XC40 is going tomorrow....

Nice - what model you going for ?

Hope they looked after you given the issues...
XC60 B5P R-design with a few extras, got a pretty good deal plus 3 years free servicing thrown in too.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Good result. Don't envy the person getting your XC40 though...
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

stu22 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:58 pm
XC60 B5P R-design with a few extras, got a pretty good deal plus 3 years free servicing thrown in too.
Sounds good - enjoy your new motor :)
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Andy40 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:53 pm
stu22 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:58 pm
Sounds good - enjoy your new motor :)

Thanks - just paid the additional cash to the dealer, collect the new car in the morning and give them their courtesy car back.
Dealer is going to retail our XC40 - interested to see what it's advertised for.....
NickandHeidi-XC40

Post by NickandHeidi-XC40 »

We have had exactly the same problems with our XC40 Twin Engine. Seat controls don’t work, keys don’t recognise, all sorts of climate control faults (including: no function at all; max climate heat; staying on all day when the car is off and locked), heated seats remaining on when the car is off and locked, MMI black screen, charge cable not releasing, flat battery, key fault in the middle of our journey, not able to get in and limp mode activated, car activating , but not starting. The climate module has been replaced with no change to the faults. Snows Volvo in Winchester have had this car 3 times, most recently, for 2 weeks recently (and looked at it once for less than 20 mins according to the car log). Because it’s impacting so many individual systems, the fault must lie in the module that controls them all. I have kept telling them it must be a central control module (maybe part of the MMI), but because the fault is intermittent, they won’t change it (£1500 unit). Frustratingly, they can’t get the faults to repeat.