Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

23Paynter

Post by 23Paynter »

Christoph99 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:17 pm
23Paynter wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:15 pm Has anyone received a car lately?

Ordered a C40 on 4/3 and have been regularly reassured it will be with me by august and is still on track but the Volvo forums aren’t very active so I have no idea if anyone is actually receiving any c40/XC40 currently and what the lead time was?

The poll on this thread appears far too optimistic or dated
I'm surprised people aren't more active on here. Ordered an XC40 recharge FWD ultimate on 21 Jan 22, told delivery end July. Delivery has since been changed to October and I'm not happy. Trying to negotiate with dealer to take my current car early as part exchange and to lend me demonstrators or other cars until my new car is ready. Worked last time around - they bumped me up the production list. This time the delay could mean extra costs for me - servicing, tyres and official car inspection (MoT in UK, contrôle technique/autokeuring here in Belgium), running into nearly €2000, so I'm intending to pressure them into getting me a solution again.

BTW dealer explained delay as the result of chip shortages (OK, China) but also because of the war in Ukraine. Volvocars own press release (can't find it for now) contradicts this, saying they use very few components from Ukraine. Porkies somewhere?
I did think it’s odd this forum isn’t very active - my car has been ‘due 16th august’ since I ordered on 4th march which was as soon as the c40 was added to our fleet list and was told the c40 was faster to get. Since ordering I’ve had no updates despite regular requests and finally I’m told the fleet contacts at the dealer they use (Lex - no idea what dealer they use) are on holiday and off sick.

If the cars delayed I’ll be annoyed as there’s been constant reassurance it will be on time.

Prior to this I had an Audi Q4 on order from August 21 and cancelled beginning of march as it had slipped to 2023 :) even though Audi have been horrific with their Q4 at least they provided an update.

I’ve been in a hire car since August 21 and have pretty much given up in general.

Re the part shortages - almost all manufacturers have moved past this so I’ll be surprised if Volvo are the unlucky remainder. Overall coverage for the brand seems pretty low in the UK compared to most others

23Paynter

Post by 23Paynter »

We’ll just had an update that my cars delayed - now expected end October

Thanks Volvo for the prompt advice given that it was due within the next 3 weeks…
adokar

Post by adokar »

23Paynter wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:51 am We’ll just had an update that my cars delayed - now expected end October

Thanks Volvo for the prompt advice given that it was due within the next 3 weeks…

When did you order, and what was delivery date?
23Paynter

Post by 23Paynter »

4th march 2022 and delivery 16th August.

I ordered the c40 because at the time it was 3-5 months delivery vs 9-12 for the xc40

Ironically the Volvo website now says 3-5months for the c40 and 4-6 for the xc40 so they’ve obviously got past the supply chain issues - yet I’ve still got 3.5months to wait :)
adokar

Post by adokar »

Ah ok, so you’re waiting for C4?
Hopefully no more delay.
dapaca

Post by dapaca »

I ordered a B4P Ultimate Dark last week. Estimated delivery is October/November.
It was also suggested that if it goes into December I hold off until the new year.
I can understand why, but I don’t really want to do that.
My trade in value will drop, and my current vehicle will be up for MOT and servicing costs I’d rather not have to cover.
MY23 B4 Ultimate Dark in Thunder Grey.
colinr77

Post by colinr77 »

Christoph99 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:17 pm
23Paynter wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:15 pm Has anyone received a car lately?

Ordered a C40 on 4/3 and have been regularly reassured it will be with me by august and is still on track but the Volvo forums aren’t very active so I have no idea if anyone is actually receiving any c40/XC40 currently and what the lead time was?

The poll on this thread appears far too optimistic or dated
I'm surprised people aren't more active on here. Ordered an XC40 recharge FWD ultimate on 21 Jan 22, told delivery end July. Delivery has since been changed to October and I'm not happy. Trying to negotiate with dealer to take my current car early as part exchange and to lend me demonstrators or other cars until my new car is ready. Worked last time around - they bumped me up the production list. This time the delay could mean extra costs for me - servicing, tyres and official car inspection (MoT in UK, contrôle technique/autokeuring here in Belgium), running into nearly €2000, so I'm intending to pressure them into getting me a solution again.

BTW dealer explained delay as the result of chip shortages (OK, China) but also because of the war in Ukraine. Volvocars own press release (can't find it for now) contradicts this, saying they use very few components from Ukraine. Porkies somewhere?
I ordered a recharge AWD Ultimate on 31st Jan '22. Initial delivery was 'mid-June', but that has slipped repeatedly and is current 'late Jan '23'. That would be 12months, but I'm expecting further delays.

I have ordered through my work so have been getting updates from that company, but did once speak to Volvo directly, which was good for more detailed information but no change in date.

At what point would Volvo switch to manufacturing the next years model?!
Sipikaj

Post by Sipikaj »

So I have had a further update, my XC40 now has an estimated delivery in November.

My order was placed in December, so shaping up more like 12 months from order rather than the 6-9 originally advised upon.

Fortunately my current company lease (Audi) are quite reasonable with allowing me to extend.

Care by Volvo seem more helpful now and are now sending me a monthly update which is appreciated.
adokar

Post by adokar »

Ordered 31 May, came last week.
3 months waiting time from order to delivery.

XC40 B4 AWD (MY23)
2.0 197 HP
Blond leather interior
19 inch wheels

48576B2F-4D19-4AFB-9659-3CD97A35A4A5.jpeg

jmw

Post by jmw »

Finally collected our Cbv XC40 Recharge Twin on 12th January 2023. Ordered 30/12/21. So, about a 1 year, 2 week wait. It is lovely.
2023 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate