Loving my 1 year young XC40 :)

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Again, it depends on how well ones Investments are performing to determine if monthly rental is "more expensive" over the long term. Everything is relative, and for me it's cheaper at the moment.
If you enjoy long term ownership then you have chosen the correct way for you.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Its not about like or dislike to Subscription/ PCP's or finance/ not finance - some like to buy their cars and some prefer to rent/ hire their cars - quite frankly who cares - I know at least two folk who have done both - the one brought a first edition in 2018 for around £32k (service plan included) and has been offered £28.75k 45-months on - that's a cost of less than £80pm - don't know what the other guy is paying pm on a PCP but I guess its a lot more ;)
Deleted User 3629

Maybe, who knows, I don't know, so this is just an opinion - maybe the sharp stratospheric rise in secondhand values that has reduced dramatically the cost of outright ownership, and in some instances even been profitable has miffed those who have PCP's or on Subscription - who knows, again just an opinion :?
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

JFDIT wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:20 pm Again, it depends on how well ones Investments are performing to determine if monthly rental is "more expensive" over the long term. Everything is relative, and for me it's cheaper at the moment.
If you enjoy long term ownership then you have chosen the correct way for you.
The rationale here is bizarre.

1. You buy the car for cash. And apparently, have no further costs of ownership. Only depreciation🤦🏻‍♂️

2. Hirers and subscribers are pi55ed because they've no car they can sell to take advantage of current SH prices. I must have dreamt what I did just last November🤦🏻‍♂️

3. The same owners who "keep their cars for 10 yrs" are in a better position because they can now put it in years earlier against .....what? A non existent new car? Shank's Pony? Giving up motoring? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bizarre.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Oh. And a PCP can be traded in early.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

@Mikeg1, think you quoted me instead of the guy that has issues.
Lincolnshire England.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

JFDIT wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:37 pm @Mikeg1, think you quoted me instead of the guy that has issues.
I did. Deliberately. I wanted to air some thoughts, but I'm beyond the point of engaging with him.
Mike. West Yorks.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

OK Mike. To sum up - I'm happy with my XC40, happy with the CbV product, happy with the CbV service, happy that I could source a Brand New fully loaded AWD XC40 in 24 days and happy with the cost
Over and out.
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 3629

Depreciation? Based on the last year - you negotiate a great deal to buy a car for cash and sell it a year later for a profit - happy or miffed - guess that is down to who own's the car!!
Deleted User 3629

Read a thought provoking statistic last night - statistically on average a car spends only 5% of it life actually moving - and that means it spends 95% of its time stationary - therefor, because we buy/ rent/ hire cars for the sole purpose of when we want to move - this means only 5% of our associated costs are productive and 95% is waste :o