Pilot Assist retrofit for MY21

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Still available for MY21 cars according to Volvo's own site. (automatic only)
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/accessorie ... lYear=2021
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D

Tasos

Post by Tasos »

Hi all,

I have read the post about retrofit Pilot Assist on XC40 MY21. The car I have ordered (still waiting for delivery since Sep20) is XC40 T5 Recharge R-Design, obviously automatic. Among others I have ordered as extra for the car to be equipped with BLIS. At that time I wasn't considering Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) as a must and the dealer was not pushing for extras... I have realised the importance of ACC few days after the the final order submission. After checking the forum I have contacted the Dealer for the retrofit option of ACC. He has contacted Volvo HQ and their answer was that ACC is no longer available for MY21 models because of "chipset" (I can only imagine what that is) and it should have been different. Can anybody had the same answer from VOLVO or manage to find a solution for retrofitting ACC at MY21? Any help or idea what should be my next step will help.

PS: that link is working...

however I can't find it when browsing myself at any Volvo site so that I provide proof to the Dealer.

Many thanks in advance
Tasos
XC40 T5 Recharge R-Design
rl1234

Post by rl1234 »

I spoke to two dealers at the time following my original post above and both told me the same as you, that it had been removed as a retrofit option for MY21. I showed them the link to the Volvo website but that did not change their mind. Based on others’ comments it sounds like it is still technically possible if you can find a co-operative dealer, but is not officially sanctioned by Volvo for MY21 vehicles, and given the safety implications if anything went wrong with it I decided not to take it further.
XC40 B4P Inscription AWD
Onyx Black
September 2020
snowfun

Post by snowfun »

Hi Skimm,

Would you be able to provide more information on the Pilot Assist retrofit for when you had your MY21 XC40? Was the process different than say, for a MY2020 (ie: hydraulic pump no longer required, etc?). My dealer is saying that it is no possible on the MY21 but I would really like this done.

Many thanks.
skimm wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:40 pm I've had it retrofitted on mine.

It's not easy but possible as officially MY21 vehicles have had the option of this upgrade removed. However, my dealer has been able to get Volvo tech team in Sweden to 'unlock' the car's software blocks to accept the update.
Also it doesn't need the hydraulic pump as before - it is literally a software unlock

if you need more details, message me.
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

I really would not bother, I've had it for 2 years and dont find it that good.
snowfun

Post by snowfun »

For those of you who saw the MY 2021 upgrade link from Volvo before it was taken down, do you recall if the part #'s for the hydraulic unit was the same? Meaning 31660938?

Thanks!
Tasos wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:36 pm Hi all,

I have read the post about retrofit Pilot Assist on XC40 MY21. The car I have ordered (still waiting for delivery since Sep20) is XC40 T5 Recharge R-Design, obviously automatic. Among others I have ordered as extra for the car to be equipped with BLIS. At that time I wasn't considering Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) as a must and the dealer was not pushing for extras... I have realised the importance of ACC few days after the the final order submission. After checking the forum I have contacted the Dealer for the retrofit option of ACC. He has contacted Volvo HQ and their answer was that ACC is no longer available for MY21 models because of "chipset" (I can only imagine what that is) and it should have been different. Can anybody had the same answer from VOLVO or manage to find a solution for retrofitting ACC at MY21? Any help or idea what should be my next step will help.

PS: that link is working...

however I can't find it when browsing myself at any Volvo site so that I provide proof to the Dealer.

Many thanks in advance
Tasos
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

Mark123 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:37 pm I really would not bother, I've had it for 2 years and dont find it that good.
So its not 'Dangerous' anymore then, just not very good :lol: :o
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
ivanca

Post by ivanca »

It's not easy but possible as officially MY21 vehicles have had the option of this upgrade removed. However, my dealer has been able to get Volvo tech team in Sweden to 'unlock' the car's software blocks to accept the update.
Also it doesn't need the hydraulic pump as before - it is literally a software unlock

Hi skimm please could you write to me further information about the possibility to install intellisafe on the car. I have my21 xc40
Thanks
algorni

Post by algorni »

Unfortunately, i can't reach you out directly as i'm a new joiner.

Do you think that on a XC40 2022 T5 is something that will be just a sw update?