MY21 only 1 main key confirmed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

As above: TJ35978.
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey

BrianT58

Post by BrianT58 »

Rockford wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:30 am As above: TJ35978.
Thanks for that.
Regards Brian
MY2024 XC-40 Ultimate B4
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

I can confirm that my dealer has reprogrammed my care key to full function today, under that TJ number, and for free.

First signs are that is now fully functional (which will keep my wife happy - or rather, happier).
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Good news. Sherwood. Did you have to book the car in? How long did it take?
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

The car was booked in for other software investigation (about which I'll post elsewhere). After reading about the TJ here, I subsequently asked them, with notice, if it was active, if they'd do it, and if it would be warranty, and they confirmed.

Car wasn't with them for much more than an hour overall, but I'm not sure how long the key took.

It will now set up a profile to which I can add my wife's name, and it readjusts the seats/mirrors on opening the car, which is the extent of my testing, but I'm pretty sure it's just a normal key now (albeit in a shade of Orange that means it will remain hers ;) ).
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Ok, so just came back from having my first service, and had asked for this work to be done. On collection I was presented with a bill for £55 plus VAT for this work. I rejected this as I was sure no one on here had mentioned paying, and they hadn't mentioned a charge when I booked in.

A lot of toing and froing with the service manager involved, "sorry sir we have to charge for the programming work". I held out and the service manager said "OK I'll take the keys away and reverse the programming and we won't charge you". Clearly he was surprised when I said yes :-) So he went off, and we settled down with a coffee to wait. 5 minutes later he came back with the keys "we've decided not to reverse it or charge you..."

Probably, as my wife suggested, because I called his bluff, and he would have had to get the car back in the workshop, set it all up, and revert the programming, all coming up to when he wanted to go home. And maybe he checked the change details and it did say free :-)

The lady at the desk commented that all new cars the orange key is a fully activated one now which further helped my argument of it should be for free!
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

A good result. Shame you had to call their bluff.
Also good news about the orange key.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
BrianT58

Post by BrianT58 »

I can also confirm that the TJ number quoted above worked with my dealer (Snows Winchester UK) to get the orange key reprogrammed free of charge...it took them nearly 2 hours but it is now just a normal key apart from the colour.
Regards Brian
MY2024 XC-40 Ultimate B4
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Well, I started this thread on my MY21 T3 and have just taken delivery of a MY23 B4 (great trade in and discount offer). I said to the dealer I wouldn't buy it unless he sorted the 2 master keys! He said the orange key could be reprogrammed as a normal key and they wouldn't charge me. Just took delivery this week and it does seem to work fine so far with power seat memory, profiles etc so if you do need this - make sure you ask when closing the deal!
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

I haven’t set up any driver profiles on my car, nor do I need / intend to. My wife rarely drives my car, but when she does she just needs to change the seat setting on the door buttons. The wing mirrors etc. don’t need adjusting.

Question: So without any profiles set up, what would I see different if I used the orange care key instead of the black one?
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.