Our First Volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
GKSmith

Post by GKSmith »

Hi all, so we took the plunge and on February 3rd ordered an XC40 Plus B3 in onyx black. It's our first time ordering a new car, and when it arrives it will be our first Volvo. We're switching from a Honda Civic (10th generation), which we've had for 7 years. We've currently got a delivery estimate of 6 months. We're now waiting patiently for it to arrive. I've been scanning this forum and watching various YouTube videos which have all been most useful. Now for the car to arrive!
Thanks
Gavin
Volvo MY25 XC40 B3 Plus Onyx Black (Ordered Feb 04 24 - delivered June 12 2024)

VloMo

Post by VloMo »

I did that waiting for mine :-)
GKSmith

Post by GKSmith »

Update - We picked our car up yesterday. It, took a little over 4 months from order to delivery. That was on the earlier side of the 4 to 6 months we was quoted. No issues. Took about a month from actual manufacture, in mid-May, to us picking it up, but it had been at the dealers for over a week. It took a week for all of the paperwork and paying of the deposit - this isn't done by the dealer.

Our order changed a little before the car was built in May. We ordered the B3 Plus model in Onyx black, in early February, and the specification was changed before manufacture to MY25. So, we gained the Driver Awareness Pack - BLIS, with Steer Assist, Cross-Traffic Alert and Rear Collision Warning/Mitigation, plus 19” Alloy wheels (upgrade of 1”), Connect Suede Textile/Microtech Upholstery (upgrade from Textile) and High-Level Illumination (upgrade from standard interior lighting). We lost the 360 Degree Camera and Side Proximity Sensors. We was happy with that.

Now we're getting to use to it. Oh, the software version it was delivered with was 3.1.2. - just trying to get that to download apps (Spotify etc).
Thanks
Gavin
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Enjoy your new motor

If you didn't get it, definitely look to getting a service plan - servicing is expensive (eye watering at times) from Volvo and the service plan is worth it's weight
MalcolmD

Post by MalcolmD »

I’ve just ordered my first Volvo, a XC40 in Crystal White with a blonde interior. There are very few cars available with a light interior and I don’t like Black/Ebony/Anthracite or any other name you may think of. My initial delivery is 7 months unfortunately!
Expectant Owner, B4 Ultra, Crystal White on Blonde
Alexandrovich

Post by Alexandrovich »

Good choice of interior, I also wanted the lighter interior colour, so blonde was it. I think it compliments the interior well.
Volvo XC40 T4 MY20 FWD Inscription Pro, Onyx Black, Blond interior, Winter Pack, Tempra Spare, Privacy Glass, Mudflaps, Dashcam and Reversing Camera. AutoGlym LifeShine, Boot Mat , Interior Rubber Fitted Mats/Interior Fitted Carpet Mats.
MalcolmD

Post by MalcolmD »

I have ordered the service plan.
I changing from a 2018 Jaguar E-Pace that has suited me well but I have had some problems. Talking to friends it seems that JLR are still having quality issues & with Jaguar stopping production of their current range I wasn’t convinced a new E-Pace was a good idea!
Expectant Owner, B4 Ultra, Crystal White on Blonde
GKSmith

Post by GKSmith »

Andy40 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:07 pm Enjoy your new motor

If you didn't get it, definitely look to getting a service plan - servicing is expensive (eye watering at times) from Volvo and the service plan is worth it's weight
Thanks, yes, we ordered the service plan.
Thanks
Gavin
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

GKSmith wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:57 pm
Andy40 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:07 pm Enjoy your new motor

Thanks, yes, we ordered the service plan.
Excellent 👍🏻
gedger

Post by gedger »

GKSmith wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:23 am We lost the 360 Degree Camera and Side Proximity Sensors. We was happy with that.
Gosh, I'd be lost without those. A year in and I still find the car tricky to manoeuvre in tight spaces, the 360 camera and side proximity warnings are a huge benefit for this. Enjoy you new car.
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue