Errors & beeps

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
ejevs

Post by ejevs »

Good afternoon all!

After a decent nearly two years with my beloved XC40 recharge, I’ve had to take it in twice in the last month for the same two error messages on the dash - collision avoidance reduced functionality and driver support reduced functionality.

The first time I took it in they did a “software update” of some kind, which got rid of the warning lights but led to the car not charging and Volvo assist having to come and see me at home. I’ve taken it in for the same two warnings again today and have been told the windscreen needs replacing as whatever sensors are in the top of it have failed and they’re the reason for the warning lights.

On my drive home though we’ve got a new issue - whenever I go over a speed bump the car is beeping at me. No warning lights that I can see. Volvo are saying they’ve never heard of this before and (quite defensively) telling me that they didn’t actually do anything to my car today except diagnose the faults - well, you’ve done something because it’s beeping when it wasn’t before… anyone have any experience of anything similar with beeps only over speed bumps? Thanks in advance!

Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

It just may well be all connected, have the windscreen replaced and go from there.

Have generalised on this before, and now doubt the usual suspects may tut, but cars today are becoming ridiculously complicated and seem to be getting more fragile with it. The thought of spending tens of thousands on out-of-warranty repairs is fast becoming a realistic time-bomb. 36-month long warranties are just not fit for purpose for medium to long term ownership.