Loving my 1st Volvo, BUT !!!!

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jack56

Post by Jack56 »

Hi,
New to the forum. Just bought my 1st Volvo XC 40 Inscription Plus B4 MHEV. 2020 model with 16000 miles on the clock. I have lots of question about what it has fitted as standard equipment, because can’t find some things that are mentioned in the handbook. Also questions on WiFi connection etc etc. I will post some questions later !!

percymon

Post by percymon »

this might help with your spec/options query..

https://www.mrking.co.uk/pdf/pricelist/ ... celist.pdf

The handbook is generic so covers all trim levels and extras, hence why you'll probably find entries that dont apply to your vehicle
Jack56

Post by Jack56 »

Thanks for that info. Most helpful. I have now managed to get the wing mirrors to fold in when locked as well as the wing mirrors moving down when reversing. Also found the auto headlight function as well as the rain activated wipers. Onwards and upwards !!!!
Deleted User 4737

Post by Deleted User 4737 »

Cars are so complicated these days, little bit each day. Have found the loss of internet connection to be a pain at times. Next one is cloud based and should be connected at all times with sat-nav updates, traffic etc, every 30-sec's. We will see??
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Jack56 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:51 am Thanks for that info. Most helpful. I have now managed to get the wing mirrors to fold in when locked as well as the wing mirrors moving down when reversing. Also found the auto headlight function as well as the rain activated wipers. Onwards and upwards !!!!
You've found the ejecter seat as well then! Sorry couldn't resist!

A tip for the mirrors moving down. Sometimes you don't want them to, so if you press the mirror switches on the door a couple of times they will come back up.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Ruby12345#

Post by Ruby12345# »

Rite,
still learning all the tec. Over the last few days the car has shuddered and a red symbol flash up on the dash. This has happened when i have gone over a dark or change of tarmac/ pothole repair. Is it the crash avoidance getting activated by mistake or is there some issue with the car.
Any ideas...
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Were you breaking ? Could be ABS,or accelerating,could be traction control of one wheel slipping,collision avoidance of it thinks your going to hit something,if you can see which symbol it is will point you in right direction,if it's a small car with cloud over it it's the connected safety sending info to cloud to forward to other connected safety Volvos in the area about your slip warning of road conditions.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Could just be lane keeping vibrating the steering wheel.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Have you considered reading the manual?
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras