Critical 12v Charging failure

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
VloMo

Post by VloMo »

Think I upset something. Car went all red warning on me on the motorway with 12v charging error. Limped it home and guess I get to press the Volvo come get me button tomorrow. Also flashed up propulsion system service when I got how for good measure

B3 mild hybrid. I guess it’s extra mild now…..

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

There are other mentions on here of the mild hybrid issue with charging the 12v side. Seem to be recently built models.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
VloMo

Post by VloMo »

Okay contacted Volvo, nice gentleman came out. Did a software update, should be good to go.

Seems the issue is the car thinks it isn’t charging fro a split second and then holds the error for a while.

As to the Volvo service to fix it very pleased with that. Raise a ticket, map progress to how close they are , person with a van turns up and fixes it.

Nice.
Last edited by VloMo on Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Good news, I was getting nervous!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
VloMo

Post by VloMo »

The software update I got was not a recall level but if you have the problem you get the fix. Fix was released 3 weeks ago. Seems sometimes the modules need a tweak to talk nicely with each other.

Seems for some errors even if it’s only an issue for a moment the car wants to do a few full turn off turn on cycles to say it’s really gone.

Mine showed the error in the morning too but one more turn off and on and it went.