Climate while in Hybrid / Electric

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Alanetbernie

Post by Alanetbernie »

Just found this post and yes, the seats and wheel may heat up but there is no climate control without turning to petrol.

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Really? We've had our car over two years now. Heating works as any other car (except it's faster) in any mode. Never had to enable anything in menus.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
skimm

Post by skimm »

Both heating and cooling works differently in Hybrid and Pure modes on my T5 Twin Engine
It is noticeable even when I switch to Pure with battery depleted.
Notice when you charge your battery to full and there is range difference between Hybrid and Pure. ONe of the reason is that in Pure mode all the systems work on reduced power mode.
So there's nothing wrong with your car, it is designed to be more power efficient in the Pure mode.
T5 Twin Engine Plug-in Hybrid, R-Design Pro, Crystal White, Intellisafe Pro, Convenience Pack, Xenium Pack, Winter Plus Pack. Sensus Connect with H&K Sound System, Foldable Tow Bar Feb-20
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Agreed, the HVAC uses less power in Pure mode - one effect of that is the windscreen has a propensity to mist up sometimes, but the heating works fine for me. If he has no climate control without burning petrol, there's something wrong with Alanetbernie's car.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior