New XC40 owner - Hi

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
VloMo

Post by VloMo »

Hello all,

Just put deposit on XC40 B3 plus in blue. Should get it in couple of weeks. Super excited.

Most have watched every review on YouTube by now.

Looked a Tiguan and it was nice but I liked the Volvo styling and the features on the plus.

Did look at a B4 and the upgraded seats but both push the list price into super tax territory.

Looking at how to transport my small - medium dog. Thinking either dog ramp and boot or seat covers and rear seats with harness. Any ramp recommendations?

gripross

Post by gripross »

Welcome to the forums and am sure your new car will be lovely. The super tax threshold is leaving us all with dilema's as it is achieved with out too much thought at all nowadays...I suspect there will be many people with a tax bill after 12 months that they didn't expect. Glad you were aware and able to decide accordingly.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
percymon

Post by percymon »

I used a 4petspro dog crate in the last two cars, but it wont fit in the C40 (nowhere near enough height under the sloping rear glass) - very good quality, can be anchored down if desired. Dog loved it (anything else he wanted to be on the wife's lap on the passenger seat !).

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/dogs-pets-car ... -cages.php

TransK9 also worth a look if you've had a win the lottery https://transk9.com/select/volvo/volvo- ... 8-present/
VloMo

Post by VloMo »

Thanks for the cage notes. It was the dealer that highlighted where the tax limit was. I didn’t know about the new system.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

The additional Road Tax on cars was first mentioned in 2015 and came into effect on 1st April 2017, so it's hardly "new"
VloMo

Post by VloMo »

My current cars are 2016, 2010 and 1986 so it’s new to me. :-)
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Welcome along, enjoy your new motor 👍🏻
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yes, enjoy the new car.

Thing that annoys us is that VED rates were raised again due to inflation but not the threshold. Like other taxes many folks who were never intended to pay it or at such a level have to because of the government's deliberate fiscal drag.

It's not like they aren't already getting a big chunk of money for doing absolutely nothing with the 20% VAT on each new car - 20%! I for one sometimes forget this when thinking cars are expensive. VAT has for me being the greatest source of highway robbery (pun intended!) since I don't know when. 10% was bad enough. I know I don't have to buy a new car, but I do have to buy other things!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
gedger

Post by gedger »

ChrisLF wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:15 pm Thing that annoys us is that VED rates were raised again due to inflation but not the threshold. Like other taxes many folks who were never intended to pay it or at such a level have to because of the government's deliberate fiscal drag.
Yup, this is exactly what the government wanted, they introduce tax's which don't effect many people and then don't change the threshold so gradually more and more people get included, this is a by design stealth tax. Trouble is it makes car manufacturers reduce specs to try and keep the car under the threshold, so little features you expect to be there are now optional or just lost completely.
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue