Tyre pressure status in Volvo App

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

Just got a response from Volvo

“I apologise for the issue you facing with the app. I would suggest you check if there are any software updates that need to be done for the app, to make sure that you're on the latest version. If "status unknown" is still shown in the app, please log out from the app and re-login.

If the issue still continues, please reset the tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS). To reset the TPMS, please find the details HERE. It would take 48 hours after the reset for the TPMS to be updated in the app. Please speak to a Volvo retailer if the issue is still continuous.

We will check back in with you in a week or so if we do not hear from you.”

As expected, uninstall/install, logout/in and then go to a dealer. It’s certainly not worth a visit to be charged for a couple of hours labour. I’ll reset the pressures in the car and then maybe mention it at the next service.

One thing that makes me wonder is that I’ve had front tyres and front disc pads replaced recently but can’t say if the problem happened from then or not. Shouldn’t make a difference and as mentioned it’s ok in the car (which is the most important part!!)

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

NitramA wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:46 am
One thing that makes me wonder is that I’ve had front tyres and front disc pads replaced recently but can’t say if the problem happened from then or not.

When the car is serviced it receives the latest system software update. Perhaps it’s a bug within the system update that doesn’t allow TPMS sync with the app. I have no issues with tire pressure app syncing, but my last system software update is 6 months old and meanwhile several new in-service updates were made available by Volvo.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

I had slow puncture last week. I got a warning in my car which shows which tyre is low. However, the app on my iphone was still showing that the tyres were OK.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
dapaca

Post by dapaca »

Surely the app is just showing post service tick boxes, not real time data?
My XC40 hasn't been serviced yet as it's only four months old. That section in the app doesn't yet exist.
MY23 B4 Ultimate Dark in Thunder Grey.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Surely the app is just showing post service tick boxes, not real time data?
Thanks for clarifying that. You obviously know more about the app than I do. I just assumed everything on the app is live data. Perhaps they should make clear which data is live and which is up to 12 months old.

I don’t really see what purpose it serves then because I already know all of these things were checked at the last service.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Surely the app is displaying real time data handed over from the car? I don't see the point of it otherwise.

From the manual:

Screenshot_20230430-201233.png

Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

If its not real time I'm sure its at least "near" time. I seem to remember it would flag the fact that AdBlue was low and also if my windscreen fluid was out too.
mss911

Post by mss911 »

Just installed an App update on iPhone 5.27.0 & looks like it’s been fixed …. Reports “Everything looks good”

Well actually they’ve changed the status line showing to unknown in the detail

So do I have a problem or not 🫤 More confusing.

Guess that’s one approach to bug fixing 😡

Also the Widget is gone 😡😡
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Yep, the Widget disappeared in Volvo App 5.27 for iPhone. I hope it’s only a bug, it would be disappointing if Volvo decided to remove the Widget.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Just installed an App update on iPhone 5.27.0 & looks like it’s been fixed …. Reports “Everything looks good”
I’m also running 5.27.0 on my iPhone, but the app is still not picking up tyre issues.

Another puncture today (same tyre as last month) and I’m running around on my skinny tempa spare. Tyre pressure message on my dashboard, but my phone app says tyres are OK.

MY phone app has recorded the short journeys I’ve done today with the spare on, so it is receiving data. Just not data about my tyres.