Cricket Electronic Sound Only When Pressing Gas Pedal

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
jaberme

Post by jaberme »

I found this video, in addition to a previous post of mine in which I posted my own noise, the same.

Is this the noise you talk about? Did you get any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Anandroid

Post by Anandroid »

@myzo78, @smiles were you able to find the solution for the issue? I have the exact same issue
Deleted User 4296

Post by Deleted User 4296 »

XC40 does seem to have it's fair-share of creaks and rattles, also the 4-air vents at the front - three have a nice soft click when at the end of opening, the last does not click - also, where you rest your left foot, where your toe would be, just out of sight, there is a plastic cover that fits over what looks to be the heater-matrix pipe to protect it - that fell off and the lugs snapped, so watch how far your foot goes up out of sight - up-market quality I guess??
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Well, John, I've not experienced any of those things. Just lucky?
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Deleted User 4296

All may experience breaking the plastic cover on the heater pipe if they accidentally kick it whilst resting their left foot - be careful, it's easily done
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Intrigued by your comment John, I just went outside to have a look! My size 11s don't go anywhere near the cover. Must be 2" or more away. Maybe they've modified something...
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Deleted User 4296

Don't think it happened placing the foot during driving, but when getting out, that's when it fell on the floor-mat, 2" is not much to inadvertently kick your foot up, especially when a size 12 foot is more common place today - it has just two clips and the lugs snap off easy - it's a bit of a daft place to have it really as it gets scalding hot too!!
Megic

Post by Megic »

In regards to that strage electronic noise has anyone figured it out what is it? I got the same noise every single time when pressing gas pedal. It drives me nuts. I can always volume up the radio but this is not a solution.
Piksvideo

Post by Piksvideo »

I have a T4 R-Design, not sure if the same sound but I have what sounds like a fan noise behind the instrument cluster which increase in frequency when accelerating, the car is full of rattling sounds from rear boot lid and clunking behind dash when going over bumpy road, takes the enjoyment out of driving this car.