Care by Volvo Insurance

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Suffolkboy

Post by Suffolkboy »

Hi all,

Having recently ordered an XC40 Recharge Ultimate single motor through the Care by Volvo subscription scheme, I am interested if there any Forum members who have taken delivery of a vehicle through this scheme and if so, what have they done about insurance.

The CbV terms and conditions are fairly strict regarding insurance and the normal Volvo Car Insurance scheme won’t cover CbV vehicles.

My own insurers (Saga) seemed very unsure whether they could cover the car….depends apparently when they type details into the system whether “computer says yes”!!

The main issue seems to be around the payout in the event of a written off vehicle being paid direct to CbV rather than me as the policyholder, and any repairs in the event of an accident must be carried out by a Volvo approved workshop.

Any thoughts or comments would be welcome.

Thanks

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

There's definitely a few CbV users on here, and they'll hopefully chime in with their experience. Did you get a price for the CbV cover? I thought they offered it as an option?

I started on motor underwriting in my GI career, pre computer of course, and we'd always take into account and record the interest of the actual owner.

Not sure these days about "Volvo approved workshops", or even whether it's still enforceable.

Hope someone can advise.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I have a CBV vehicle and Churchill were more than happy to cover it. However, I felt for not much more money it would be worth taking out the CBV insurance which is underwritten by LV. An excellent insurer in my experience. From my perspective if anything goes wrong or there is a claim there is only one point of contact; CBV. So whatever happens it's their responsibility to sort it out.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Our XC40 Twin motor Pro was an outright purchase but it comes with 3 years of Volvo insurance underwritten by LV. My understanding is that on the subscription model there is an option to take insurance with LV via the Volvo scheme. Have you asked them for a quote? They told me how much the policy would be costing Volvo and it was actually very reasonable
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Suffolkboy

Post by Suffolkboy »

Thanks for the replies so far, very helpful.
I had a generic quote from CbV insurance based on a First Edition model (as mine hasn’t been built) - not sure why they chose a First Edition, but the Advisor said that’s what they use….anyway, the quote was £491.
My current insurance from Saga is £295 for my XC6O Inscription registered June 2021.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

My view is it's not my car. If the owner has an issue with the insurance repairs at any point up to handback I'd prefer not to be in the middle!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Suffolkboy wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:10 am Thanks for the replies so far, very helpful.
I had a generic quote from CbV insurance based on a First Edition model (as mine hasn’t been built) - not sure why they chose a First Edition, but the Advisor said that’s what they use….anyway, the quote was £491.
My current insurance from Saga is £295 for my XC6O Inscription registered June 2021.
Like Cevoli21 I purchase a Twin Pro outright, so received 3 years' insurance as part of the package. The indicative cost of the insurance (with no claims discount cover at £48.50) was £580, so your quote sounds in the ballpark.
Rupesh

Post by Rupesh »

Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:56 pm Our XC40 Twin motor Pro was an outright purchase but it comes with 3 years of Volvo insurance underwritten by LV. My understanding is that on the subscription model there is an option to take insurance with LV via the Volvo scheme. Have you asked them for a quote? They told me how much the policy would be costing Volvo and it was actually very reasonableGBWhatsApp APK
Reasonable, but how much?
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Rupesh wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:53 am
Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:56 pm Our XC40 Twin motor Pro was an outright purchase but it comes with 3 years of Volvo insurance underwritten by LV. My understanding is that on the subscription model there is an option to take insurance with LV via the Volvo scheme. Have you asked them for a quote? They told me how much the policy would be costing Volvo and it was actually very reasonableGBWhatsApp APK
Reasonable, but how much?
It was £606. That was with no transferable NCB as we still had the old car. Retired couple in low risk area. 35 year old son as additional driver. Saga who insure our other cars quoted £400 fixed for 3 years.
Recently our daughter asked Volvo insurance for a quote for her 2020 B4 R Design Pro and it was £1200. More than double her existing insurer. Aged 32 living in E11 so a fairly high risk area.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps