What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Krystof

Post by Krystof »

Hi Christoph,

Cheers, it seems like the Recharge versions are taking longer than the mild hybrids, I assume because of chip shortages. I hope you don't encounter any more delays, it's frustrating but I'm sure you'll love it when it eventually arrives. Hang in there, it'll be worth it 🙂

Moss

Post by Moss »

Mikeg1 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:45 am Nous sommes en France, en vacance.

Found out that dials auto change to km, tho Nav distances have to be changed in car system units.

Also Mrs Sensus can't pronounce "toll booth".

Best she can manage is "tll bth" 🤦🏻‍♂️

Car otherwise behaved impeccably on a 650 mile run.
Bonnes vacances en France, Mike.
It’s a pity that Mrs Sensus’ pronunciation isn’t faultless, but let me assure you that her French sister Madame Sensus pronounces « péage » or « poste de péage » correctly.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

I’ve just found out that if the drivers door is open (may be other doors as well) the car just will not move.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Snicko

Post by Snicko »

Not even the dealer can get the radio to work, or pair my phone !
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Moss wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:51 pm
Mikeg1 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:45 am Nous sommes en France, en vacance.

Found out that dials auto change to km, tho Nav distances have to be changed in car system units.

Also Mrs Sensus can't pronounce "toll booth".

Best she can manage is "tll bth" 🤦🏻‍♂️

Car otherwise behaved impeccably on a 650 mile run.
Bonnes vacances en France, Mike.
It’s a pity that Mrs Sensus’ pronunciation isn’t faultless, but let me assure you that her French sister Madame Sensus pronounces « péage » or « poste de péage » correctly.
Formidable!
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

I’m still finding things about my XC40. I’ve just found out that you can close all the windows and roof by pressing the little indentation on any of the door handles for 3 seconds. Now I don’t even have to take the key out of my pocket. How lazy is that? 😀
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I've noticed that if i receive a message in Finnish, the car pronounces said message in correct Finnish speak, likewise for English and French.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

SteveW wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:37 pm I've noticed that if i receive a message in Finnish, the car pronounces said message in correct Finnish speak, likewise for English and French.
I live in Croatia (the Sensus has no Croatian as a language you can select) and I usually receive texts in Croatian. The car is trying to figure out the language when it receives the text so I never now will that message be read in English, Spanish, Norvegian or some other language. It can be so hilarious that now I want the car to read every message to see how funny that announcement will be this time. Spanish attempts are my favourite and of course, I have to take a look at the full message every time. There is some 20% chance I will understand the message once I hear it in some silly combination of Swedish and Croatian. But there is some 20% chance I will drive off the road laughing my but off while listening to that :D
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

ropetko wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:15 pm I've been having my XC40 D4 R-Design AWD for more than a year and I love it! I'm pretty sensitive to sounds (used to be a musician and am still enjoying a good music) and am a generation that still uses ringtones, so my iPhone rings with a different tune when my wife calls, some relative, colleagues,...
The sound in my R-Design is great so I use radio and Spotify most of the times and pretty much know all the noises and alarms my car makes. However, this week I was on my way to a business conference and back (some 1300 km in total) and for the first time I heard some very high pitch sound that lasted for about a second or two. The car was on a Pilot Assist (120 km/h) and navigation was on. At first I thought that's some alarm from my colleague's phone so I didn't pay much attention. But, after some time the same high-pitched voice appeared again. At that time I was trying to locate the alarm on my iPhone, since there was no message on any of displays in my car, plus I had to pass the intersection soon. Third time, after an hour or so, I started to worry me, but then we safely arrived at the hotel.
There was no high-pitch sound when I entered the car a couple of days later, nor when we started our journey back, so I thought everything is OK. Still, after an hour there was that high pitch alarm again! Then it hit me that sound must appear as a "wake up, pay attention!" when you are on the highway, your Pilot Assist is on and the navigation says you have to go right (or left in the UK) in a kilometer or so. Looks like your Volvo wants for you to pay more attention before you need to exit the highway and it alerts you when it estimates you might miss the exit. I've tested it on my next highway intersection and looks like that's the reason.
Have anyone else noticed this navigational + Pilot Assist alarm?
Not that anyone cared, but after one year I've figured out what that high pitch sound with no dashboard warning was about. The thing is that (at least while driving in Hungary) when you pass by speed cameras that probably have some radar system installed, that radar is captured by Volvo, so the car generates that high pitch sound. I just noticed that last week and the sound was generated every time I was directly below speed cameras. It was just an one-time sound, much higher than the alarm that announces there are cameras ahead.
So, it's not about the paying attention on the road, but about speeding cameras (radars?) :)
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

After 18 months of ownership, I've just discovered that the storage under the centre armrest has a light.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior