Apple CarPlay in Software update V2.2

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mr.Taibu

Post by Mr.Taibu »

Also done the update, it looks really cool tho. I am sure there will be more updates coming in to improve the experience, it’s a pity that only wired connection, but hopefully in future it will have wireless connection to car play! Btw does any one think the connection using usb-c is not very well? When I slightly moved my phone, it lost the connection not sure if it’s the cable or the USB portal… btw I can have my “Waze” navigation via car play, so much better than Google or apple map 😂

adokar

Post by adokar »

My question is: Which navigation is best to use?
I will also have Apple CarPlay 2.2.

Google maps, or another one? Thanks.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

adokar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:45 am My question is: Which navigation is best to use?

Depends on the country you’re in. Waze (owned by Google) is the best if there are many people using it, it allows for user input that will warn others of road hazards, accidents, speed traps, etc. It has also a highly customizable interface. Apple Maps was updated for some Western European countries and could be a better choice if Waze has no user base. Otherwise Google Maps is always the safe bet.
adokar

Post by adokar »

eugen61 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:14 am
adokar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:45 am My question is: Which navigation is best to use?

Depends on the country you’re in. Waze (owned by Google) is the best if there are many people using it, it allows for user input that will warn others of road hazards, accidents, speed traps, etc. It has also a highly customizable interface. Apple Maps was updated for some Western European countries and could be a better choice if Waze has no user base. Otherwise Google Maps is always the safe bet.

Thanks. Since I will be driving in the Balkans, Bosnia etc I then think it’s best to use Google Maps.
I can also try this Waze just to see how it works.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

adokar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:34 am

Thanks. Since I will be driving in the Balkans, Bosnia etc I then think it’s best to use Google Maps.
Waze uses the same maps database as Google Maps. Waze was developed exclusively for car navigation and therefore has better interface and customization for drivers.
adokar

Post by adokar »

eugen61 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Waze uses the same maps database as Google Maps. Waze was developed exclusively for car navigation and therefore has better interface and customization for drivers.

So basically you’re telling me that I’ts the same which one I choose in Bosnia, Google Maps or Waze?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

adokar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:57 pm

So basically you’re telling me that I’ts the same which one I choose in Bosnia, Google Maps or Waze?
Yes, you will see the same map and get the same navigation directions. But it will look different and have more flexibility in customizing what you see on the map in Waze.
adokar

Post by adokar »

eugen61 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:00 pm

Yes, you will see the same map and get the same navigation directions. But it will look different and have more flexibility in customizing what you see on the map in Waze.

I understand. Appreciate it.
If Im not wrong, I don’t think many drivers are using Waze in Bosnia (Could be wrong)
Anyway I’ll try it out 🤝
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

adokar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:07 pm
eugen61 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:00 pm

I understand. Appreciate it.
If Im not wrong, I don’t think many drivers are using Waze in Bosnia (Could be wrong)
Anyway I’ll try it out 🤝
There’s also a larger choice of voices for navigation in Waze. That could prove useful for you in Bosnia.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Review of Apple CarPlay in C40