Fuel filler airlock?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Here’s an oddity. I normally use Shell V-Power petrol but today I chose E10. The pump kept cutting out at a very low flow rate, so I moved to another pump with the same result. Later, I used a BP filling station and the E10 pump was just as slow, so back to Shell V-Power and the flow rate was perfectly good! I know this looks like a coincidence, but some months ago I had the same painfully slow fill with E10 at Tesco. Was there an airlock which cleared, or is there a difference in the pump nozzles although they look the same?

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

They are the same size, just a coincidence - however their are some odd things with the Volvo filling system - like when it sometimes clicks at full its sometimes not quite full at a gallon short?
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

At my local Shell the member of staff cleaning the pumps once advised me to avoid the front row of pumps because they were very slow. I found this to be true, no idea why but there's obviously great variation in pump speed for one or more reasons.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Hi Welsh Robin, just wondering why you use E5? better economy?