Suggestions & Help using the XC40 Forum
goldy

Post by goldy »

Is it really really necessary to have to log in each time you come on site?
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Have you ticked the remember my log in details?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Only if you want to post or reply. You can view posts without logging in
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

blastpipe wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:56 pm Have you ticked the remember my log in details?
This, took me a few logins to see it, stays logged in now 👍🏻
goldy

Post by goldy »

blastpipe wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:56 pm Have you ticked the remember my log in details?
Every time but I still have to log in.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I never need to, maybe your browser is set to clear cookies on exit. Login persistence is achieved by storing a cookie in your browser.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

I also have to log in every time in able to post anything even though I have ticked “remember me”, but that’s almost certainly due to cookie / privacy settings. Not a big problem on my iPhone because it uses face recognition, but on my iPad I have to type the password every time and sometimes have to answer a captcha as well. No big deal though

My Windows laptop is a totally different story; I have to log on every time even to read any posts so I tend not to use it for this forum. Not a problem with other forums though.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

KeithR56 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:43 am I also have to log in every time in able to post anything even though I have ticked “remember me”, but that’s almost certainly due to cookie / privacy settings. Not a big problem on my iPhone because it uses face recognition, but on my iPad I have to type the password every time and sometimes have to answer a captcha as well. No big deal though

My Windows laptop is a totally different story; I have to log on every time even to read any posts so I tend not to use it for this forum. Not a problem with other forums though.
If face recognition works on iPhone it should work on iPad unless you have a pre face recognition iPad.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

6th Generation iPad, so quite new. I believe I'd need an expensive iPad Pro to get face recognition.

Anyway, the point of my post was to illustrate how a device's cookie / privacy settings can affect the log in. Most of the computers / tablets in my home are networked so I tend to use a high level of privacy settings when using the internet. I also clear cookies and temp files periodically. If having to log in is the result of this, then no big deal.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

You don't need face recognition, fingerprint id will work perfectly and you have that on a 6th gen iPad. Just tell it to save the password and you will be prompted with a blue rectangle at the bottom of the screen when you tap inside the username box in future. Tap the blue box then put your finger on the sensor and you are in. Personally I use a third party password manager which works across all my devices and offers higher security since I couldn't possibly remember all my usernames and passwords. This uses fingerprint recognition on my iPad and PC for access to the manager (face rec on the phone).
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist