Satnav oddity

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Here is an observation about confusing advice from the Sensus satnav. I had set it to guide me to an insignificant country village some miles from a major road. At a roundabout where I expected to leave the A-class road, the verbal message advised me to take the left turn, but the driver display clearly showed the route continuing straight ahead. I chose to follow the verbal guidance because that was what I was expecting. I reached the destination without difficulty through a network of minor roads.

To my surprise, on the return journey following a slightly different route, a similar anomaly occurred in a another location.

I dare say the alternative route shown by the driver display on the outward trip would have taken me to the destination, albeit by a different route, but it is odd that the two methods of guidance are not coordinated.

Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Have you ensured your on the most up to date map ?? Could be one of the bug fixes they send out - definitely worth reporting if not…

I had something similar on a previous car, had the sat nav updated and issue resolved - they didn’t send out over the air updates, you had to go into the dealership to get the update…
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

The Sensus maps are pretty hopeless, worse than any previous car I have had despite the frequent updates. One road near me (major road in city centre) has been closed for at least 7 years, but the satnav still tries to send me down it. On a recent trip to Wales I was struck but how many (obviously not brand new) roundabouts were entirely missing from the map. If I could get Google or Waze full screen I would abandon Sensus nav altogether. Baffles me what the frequent updates are actually doing.
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Conversly to your experience, a couple of miles from us they're building a bypass to Gorslas (carmarthenshire) this has already appeared in the maps despite not being live. It even knew that the junction nearest us you now drive onto, but then turn off back on the 'old' road as it's not fully completed yet! So it seems some areas seem better updated than others
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21