VOC. Can't get out of standby.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

A few days ago for the first time ever VOC told me the car was in standby. Since then the car has been started manually and driven on several journeys. I've also fully charged the battery using an 'intelligent' trickle charger and checked I have the latest version of the VOC app. All to no avail, VOC still tells me the car is in standby which limits the information available and stops or delays remote functions.

Any help gratefully received.
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.

rjod57

Post by rjod57 »

I have the same issue. App is asking me to start the car manually.
Also since this happened car has been doing some weird things.
Went to get the car out of the garage the other day and the boot was open!
It was closed the night before when I put it in the garage.
It must of opened all by itself sometime in the night.

MY 2021 T3 R-Design pro Manual
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Boxybutgood wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:20 pm I've also fully charged the battery using an 'intelligent' trickle charger and checked I have the latest version of the VOC app. All to no avail, VOC still tells me the car is in standby which limits the information available and stops or delays remote functions.
Depleted or faulty support battery could create several malfunctions even when the main battery is charged. Read this thread for more info: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2535&p=22875#p22434
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

This seems to be a known bug in VOC for which an update was sent but at least for my case, it did not fix it.
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

I just signed out from VOC and after signing in again, it seems the Stand by bug is gone and functionalities are available!!!
Deleted User 3491

Post by Deleted User 3491 »

A new app was released the other day. The changelog says it's to address the standby issue.
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

Thanks to all who replied.

When I tried this morning I had been automatically signed out of VOC. When I signed in again all was working fine so it would appear to have been some sort of VOC bug rather than the car itself - which is a relief!.
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
Deleted User 3491

Post by Deleted User 3491 »

Boxybutgood wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:00 pm Thanks to all who replied.

When I tried this morning I had been automatically signed out of VOC. When I signed in again all was working fine so it would appear to have been some sort of VOC bug rather than the car itself - which is a relief!.
The latest app for Android version 4.13.4 dated 3rd May says:
"Fixing the car status update bug, indicating offline/stand-by status"
Ovlov

Post by Ovlov »

Had the same issue today. After the car was serviced the app showed ‘standby’ message. Took ChrisS777’s advice and logged out/back in. Problem solved.
Black T3 R Design. Petrol