Certificate of conformity

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi everyone
Purchased my car , xc40 B4 RD from a main dealer in August 21 and collected the car in November 21, great car no problems. Have received this morning from the dealer an EC Certificate of Conformity, it basically lists the specifications for the car , the letter from the dealer states that the certificate must be kept safe with the v5 documents.

Certificate of conformity? Never had one of those before, I believe it may be something needed if I export the car to an eu country , ie I go and live in France and want to bring my car over permanently. Any other thoughts???
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Nope, never heard of it.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Yes, I needed a Certificate of Conformity to import a new Alfa Romeo and register it in the UK years ago. In the normal way of things the official importer handless the necessary formalities, so there's no reason you should have or need the C of C. I was never asked for the Alfa one - it was an impressive document, I think I still have it somewhere. It was
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

My dealer sent me one some time after I acquired the car. It's a post-Brexit necessity for registering the car in the EU, so not relevant to most people.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Ok thanks for the replies
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my