MY21 only 1 main key confirmed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

goi wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:08 pm This is a completely other information I've got directly from Volvo: You can't assign the orange Care Key a profile - It should have a "Guest" Profile.
Interesting - nevertheless they will provide me two "normal" keys in addition to the Care Key and the Key Tag.
There is still a guest profile, but that is all we have done? Manually assigned settings to Driver Profile 2, and whichever key we use the seat moves as you open the door.

We've also switched off the speed limiter functionality too by they way.

BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

How do you do that? Switch off the limiter?

On the subject of the key, I’ve spent over a week now back and forth to Volvo about this and their response is a resounding eff you mr customer. If you want two keys, bloody well buy one.
I even asked them to keep the useless (don’t) Care Key but give me two real keys. Still no. Even though some have said Volvo have agreed to it. And I don’t mean the dealers. I’m aware many dealers have soaked up this cost.
I’m sure/hope that Volvo will U Turn on this as it’s providing equipment in the car in driver profiles that the key cannot access. However it’s useless for me as my car gets here next week.
Apparently MY22’s will have three normal wheels and a space saver. 😐🤷🏻‍♂️
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
TechnoNerd

Post by TechnoNerd »

To add more confusion to this subject, my recently purchased 2020 XC40 T5 came with four (yes 4) keys!!
Three regular remote key fobs plus the small Tag Key. Even the salesperson was puzzled. We tested all keys and they all functioned properly.
Go figure!
2020 XC40 T5 AWD Momentum, Thunder Grey / Oxide Red Leather (US Specs)
Jiggerb

Post by Jiggerb »

I have been having this same conversation with Volvo Customer Care, but unfortunately they are sticking by their decision to issue only 1 fully operational key.
Why have 2 driver profiles available to set up, but unable to “edit” profile2.
Deleted User 2507

BionicRusty wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:36 am How do you do that? Switch off the limiter?

On the subject of the key, I’ve spent over a week now back and forth to Volvo about this and their response is a resounding eff you mr customer. If you want two keys, bloody well buy one.
I even asked them to keep the useless (don’t) Care Key but give me two real keys. Still no. Even though some have said Volvo have agreed to it. And I don’t mean the dealers. I’m aware many dealers have soaked up this cost.
I’m sure/hope that Volvo will U Turn on this as it’s providing equipment in the car in driver profiles that the key cannot access. However it’s useless for me as my car gets here next week.
I would seriously stop fretting about the key, the care key works fine. It's all my wife uses and the seat etc moves as she opens the door with it. It is automatically assigning profile 2 and you just set these settings via the sensus screen.

Limiter is just a setting in the main sensus menu, just remove the tick
Deleted User 2507

Jiggerb wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:19 pm I have been having this same conversation with Volvo Customer Care, but unfortunately they are sticking by their decision to issue only 1 fully operational key.
Why have 2 driver profiles available to set up, but unable to “edit” profile2.
You can change profile 2 via the sensus unit.

There are 2 profiles and a guest profile. Our care key automatically assigns profile 2 and all settings can be saved.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

blisteringblue wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:10 am
BionicRusty wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:36 am How do you do that? Switch off the limiter?

I would seriously stop fretting about the key, the care key works fine. It's all my wife uses and the seat etc moves as she opens the door with it. It is automatically assigning profile 2 and you just set these settings via the sensus screen.

Limiter is just a setting in the main sensus menu, just remove the tick
Fair enough 👍
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
EmJay

Post by EmJay »

Dermottdog wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:58 pm Hi

Has anyone priced up a new key and the programming of it?

Yes! Fed up with not being able to assign the orange key to a driver profile I bought an additional "proper" key. The "fob" version is far too light and could easily be lost The additional key came in all black, no shiny chrome highlights as with the black supplied key (Made in Portugal!). Was quoted circa £300 including programming but I paid £198.72. Scandalous really having to fork out for a second proper key. My other irritation with the the Volvo keys is that the attachment point is too small to take a normal split ring so I made my own key fob!
XC40 Momentum B4P (MY2021) Denim Blue, FWD, Automatic
hammo

Post by hammo »

Hi

I have just received my B4P AWD AUTO.
I ordered another key as i had read all sorts of things about the orange key and what you can and can not do. I eventually got my dealer down to £75 for a new key, which i begrudged paying.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive the sports key fob, as i was told they have been discontinued.
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D
Rikdick

Post by Rikdick »

Ordered our car at the the beginning of September. I queried the lack of driver profile on the orange key after the order as we were not made aware at the time of order. Nothing on the spec sheet given to us. Asked Volvo uk and they confirmed this was the case and to take it up with our dealer. Confronted my dealer and they eventually ageeded to supply a second key as a gesture of "good will ". Time will tell as we are still waiting for the car!