Orange care key

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

If anyone is still struggling with vaguaries if the orange care key, when my car went in for service on Thursday, I requested that my key needed to be converted to a standard key. This was done with no quibble and no cost.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Thanks for the heads up.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Yup, I moaned at my dealer, then at Volvo. Volvo came back and said the dealer is entitled to charge for the modification, the dealer wanted £130 for a new key and coding, then they said £95 & 45 minutes to recode the orange key, I pointed out the job is 0.3 of an hour according to the technical journal, then it went quiet and I didn't pursue it any further. Two weeks ago the car went in because the onboard sim had died, when booking it in I handed both keys to the young lad and said the orange key needs to be recoded, he said I don't think we can do that, I assured him they could. When I collected the car, all work was completed and not mention of any charge, eventually a happy bunny.