Remote cabin cooling without engine start gone

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Hi all

With the amazing heatweave we had in the UK over the past 2 days, i wanted to cool the car down before leaving the office.
In the past there were two options, to either start the engine and have normal air-con kick in, or cool the car by opening the air inlets but not starting the engine.

Obviously not starting the car meant it didn't cool it as much as needed on a hot day, but it worked fine for more normal days where it just sat in the sun for a while.

However, when i tried to do that yesterday and today, that option was gone and it only told me i need to start the engine, much like when we warm the car up during winter.
It's a 2020 T4.

I'd imagine everyone lost access to that bit, but was it announced, discussed, is it only a bug?

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Nope I don’t think I’ve ever had the option to “cool” the car by opening air vents.
How is that supposed to work ?

I’ve been starting the car (on my drive) 5 minutes before I want to leave with the air con set to 18 and the cars the perfect temp when I get in it
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

There certainly was an option. Used it every summer for the past couple of years

As i said, it's not a proper cool down but rather a "refresh" of the boiling air inside
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

If I unlock mine with the remote the fans will run to refresh the air,I believe it is or was a function that helped dispel the plastic and material fumes/ Gasses/smell from New materials,thought it stopped working after a set amount of time had passed,year or something if I recall ?
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

My 2018 FE still runs the fan if i unlock and don't open the door - never had anything but the remote start option on my app
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Clean Zone Interior Package
Updated 18/05/2020
Clean Zone Interior Package (CZIP) comprises a series of modifications that keep the passenger compartment even clearer from allergy and asthma-inducing substances, among other things.

The following is included:

An enhanced fan function that means that the fan starts when the car is unlocked with the remote control key. The fan fills the passenger compartment with fresh air. The function starts when required and is disengaged automatically after a time or when one of the passenger compartment doors is opened. The amount of time the fan runs is reduced gradually due to reduced need up until the car is 4 years old.
The fully automatic air quality system Interior Air Quality System (IAQS).
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

My B4 does this too...