iPhone messaging

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Yowfailed

Post by Yowfailed »

Thanks for all of your responses, tried everything now. No joy! Never owned a car with so many ‘tech’ issues.

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Disconnect phone from car. Re boot phone then reconnect and check all settings others have said.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Yowfailed

Post by Yowfailed »

Hi Chris. Ive done all of these things until I’m blue in the face. The dealership have no idea other than switch it off and switch it back on again! I give up
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Yowfailed wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:55 am Hi Chris. Ive done all of these things until I’m blue in the face. The dealership have no idea other than switch it off and switch it back on again! I give up
So you’ve rebooted the phone? (Not just switched it on off)

Have you connected another iPhone. Did that work? If so it’s something to do with phone
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

The dealership have no idea other than switch it off and switch it back on again! I give up
Don’t give up. Look on it as a challenge.

I personally find the tech in these cars unnecessarily overcomplicated. Sometimes having to go through several layers of menus to achieve what used to be done by the press of a single button. Who left the nerds in charge?

A quick search on the net shows that you are not the first to encounter this problem. There was another thread on this forum where someone stopped receiving messages after they had a Polestar software upgrade. Unfortunately they didn’t say whether their issue was resolved and are no longer a member of this forum, but it does prove that you’re not alone with this problem.

Your local dealership should help you. Ask for their help again. They normally have someone on the payroll who’s a whizz when it comes to this type of tech.

As it became a problem after a software update, ask if they can reinstall the software for you.

If your local dealership can’t help, try another one.

On the Volvo app on your phone, there’s a “contact us” option. Explain the problem and tell them that your dealership couldn’t help. I used this once for help on a technical problem and they were extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

There’s more than one forum for XC40s. Try one (or all) of the others, including the Volvo owners club.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
nidgemo

Post by nidgemo »

Might be late to the party here, but had this issue today - you need to (on the iphone) go to bluetooth settings, hit the "i" beside My Volvo Car and turn on "show notifications" - that should sort it. (might have to turn the car off and on again)