MY23 B3 Plus Dark Theme

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Snicko

Post by Snicko »

Just had my MY22 T3 R Design Pro order cancelled by Volvo and been asked to consider the above model for the same price.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the B3 engines and the Connect/Microtec upholstery ?

Also, no black roof available - so would appreciate fellow posters thoughts on best colour ?

Sadly, I,ve also been told that the MY23 won’t be delivered before June/July !

Disappointed is an understatement, especially as my original order was accepted in October.

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

The B3 is the mild hybrid version of the T3. It's good. Smoother stop/start and better economy in town driving. Can't speak for the rest I'm afraid.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
gripross

Post by gripross »

Snicko wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:24 pm Just had my MY22 T3 R Design Pro order cancelled by Volvo and been asked to consider the above model for the same price.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the B3 engines and the Connect/Microtec upholstery ?

Also, no black roof available - so would appreciate fellow posters thoughts on best colour ?

Sadly, I,ve also been told that the MY23 won’t be delivered before June/July !

Disappointed is an understatement, especially as my original order was accepted in Oct
VOLVO XC40 STANDARD FEATURES
AUDIO & COMMUNICATION - T2 AND RECHARGE PLUG-IN HYBRID ONLY
+ 9" Centre Console Portrait Touch Screen + Smartphone Integration (includes Apple CarPlayTM and Android AutoTM)
+ Wireless/Inductive Mobile Phone Charging 1) + Voice Activated Control for Key Functions
+ DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) Radio + Bluetooth®
Handsfree System
+ Sensus Connect with High Performance Sound
- Access to a range of selected Web Apps 2)
- 2 x Front Type A and 2 x Rear Type C USB Sockets
- 8 Speakers / 250W Output
+ Sensus Navigation
- European Mapping
- Traffic Information (RTTI) 2)
- Lifetime Annual Map Updates
+ Volvo Cars Services with App
- 3 Year Safety and Security Package
- Emergency and Breakdown Call Functions
- Engine Remote Start (Automatic only)
- Send Destination to Car
- Stolen Vehicle Tracking
- Remote Door Unlocking
- Driving Journal
- Vehicle Dashboard Monitor
- Additional Slot for P-Sim
+ P-SIM Card – Access to 1 Year / 100GB of data 3)
- Connectivity of all in-built applications
- Receiving of Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI) to the navigation
- Receiving of updates to the navigation map and in-built applications
- Create Wi-fi hotspot for up to 8 devices
- Worry-free roaming across 42 countries
AUDIO & COMMUNICATION - B3 (P) AND B4 (P) ONLY
+ 9" Centre Console Portrait Touch Screen + Wireless/Inductive Mobile Phone Charging 1)
+ DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) Radio + Bluetooth®
Handsfree System
+ Google Automotive Services
- Navigation with Google Maps (Worldwide)
- Voice Recognition with Google Assistant (Vehicle Functions, Voice
Controlled Web Searches and Google Connected Home Appliances)
- Google Automotive Services Enabled Entertainment Apps
- Includes 4 Years Data (for in-car apps and vehicle communication)
+ High Performance Sound
- 2 x Front Type C and 2 x Rear Type C USBs
- 8 Speakers / 250W Output
+ Volvo Cars Services with App 4)
- 4 Year Safety and Security Package
- Emergency and Breakdown Call Functions
- Engine Remote Start
- Send Destination to Car
- Stolen Vehicle Tracking
- Remote Door Unlocking
- Driving Journal
- Vehicle Dashboard Monitor
well if im reading the brochure correct it looks like MY23 has a lot more standard features including wireless charging etc.
So if you can get some sort of brochure from your dealer to confirm what is included in the price you may in fact get a good deal.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
gripross

Post by gripross »

Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Think the T3 is a 3-cylinder and the B3 a 4-cylinder, confusing yes - but in the B-series think the difference in the number reflects only on the power output difference and not quantity of cylinders present - to be honest think the whole process and spec on Volvo's have become for to confusing - and far to expensive??
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Indeed, B engine family is 4-cylinder 2.0 L tuned for 163 HP (B3), 197 HP (B4), 250 HP (B5). T engine family is 3-cylinder 1.5 L tuned for 129 HP (T2), 163 HP (T3). Confusion might come from B3 and T3 identical 163 HP output. https://www.volvocars.com/uk/cars/new-m ... ns/engines
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I stand corrected . The B3 is indeed a different engine. I rode in one but didn't look under the bonnet!
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Snicko

Post by Snicko »

Thanks for your replies folks.

For info, I visited my local Volvo dealership today, to discuss MY23 colour options and seeking more info on the upholstery. Salesman was clueless re. MY23 and claimed that Volvo hadn’t issued dealers with any more info than that available online (Volvo Germany website).

In general, I was disgusted by his indifferent arrogance, so will source my car elsewhere.

Can’t abide rudeness or attitude and intend informing the company directors about my aborted visit.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I've had exactly the same experience when enquiring about the lack of AWD option on MY23 Ultimate. The salesman knew absolutely nothing and cared even less. Wouldn't even pretend that he would make enquiries on my behalf. Well I guess that at least makes him honest!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Snicko wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:27 pm Thanks for your replies folks.

For info, I visited my local Volvo dealership today, to discuss MY23 colour options and seeking more info on the upholstery. Salesman was clueless re. MY23 and claimed that Volvo hadn’t issued dealers with any more info than that available online (Volvo Germany website).

In general, I was disgusted by his indifferent arrogance, so will source my car elsewhere.

Can’t abide rudeness or attitude and intend informing the company directors about my aborted visit.
i agree with you totally... these cars are close to 40k....the least we can expect is a detailed description from a knowledgeable and informed salesperson. Avery very poor show on your dealers that and i too would be taking my custom elsewhere.