Care by Volvo ordering process for BEV

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I am interested to hear other people's experiences in placing an order for the Recharge BEV through Care by Volvo. I placed my order online in late June. A week later I called because I had not had any contact beyond asking me for proof of identity. I was told that my order had not been formally submitted into the system for building yet because I had not signed my contract (surprise to me because I had not been sent a contract to sign). I returned the contract 4 days later and I just found out that my order was submitted for building 9 days after that - almost 3 weeks after I initially ordered the car. Seems like a very convoluted and clunky system. Anybody else had a similar experience? Has anybody had a 'dealer assisted' Care by Volvo order that went quicker?

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I've ordered a pre build B4 via Volvo Subscription on-line whilst on the phone to their support team. Contract emailed to me for electronic signature within 24 hours and process pretty slick so far.
Negative is it's taken over two weeks to take the initial prepayment via DD which means they won't schedule delivery of the car until complete. Even so car is expected to land on my drive end of this month, some 4 weeks after ordering. (Hopefully!)
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.