XC40 Recharge delivery times

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
KarlDines

Post by KarlDines »

Hey

I’d just like to check as it’s impossible to get any information from Volvo, other than ‘this is what the website says’.

I started the online application process through CbV exactly 1 month ago which in itself is stupidly long, I’ve now been told it’s a 10 month lead in time. TEN Months!

What are your experiences?

4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

I did not go through CBV, but through the dealer . Ordered a T5 Recharge 17.5.2021, arrived 29.9.2021.
RobbieN

Post by RobbieN »

Ordered Recharge Twin Motor on 21 Aug with no meaningful info fro CbyV since. If this is the new way to purchase/lease a car they can keep it. The staff I have eventually managed to speak to are overwhelmed and less than informative. I haven’t got a clue when I can anticipate delivery.
blaird03

Post by blaird03 »

Order my P8 via Volvo UK leasing, mid July.
Lots of updates from local dealer, with handover expected Oct 16.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

You are right about the lack of info. I ordered my Twin Pro (outright purchase) in late June through CbV (was not clear that there was any other way to do it for the BEV). Have detailed this in another thread, but after having been given build weeks in the first half of November, delivery in December (and I only got this information because I filed a formal complaint with Volvo), the delivery date in the app first slipped to January, but is now sitting at March - so 9 months. CbV has not been in contact about this. Very different from what I was told by the dealer whey I did the test drive originally told me (either 1 month or later in the year). And CbV promised me in July that the car would not be affected by the chip shortage. Obviously not true. I have been truly shocked by how uncommunicative CbV has been, and how poor their customer service overall has been.
RobbieN

Post by RobbieN »

Do you think anyone from this CbV actually reads these posts. Most of the threads I have read are understandably pretty damming of their poor performance but they seem at best ambivalent. About as much use as chocolate fire guard.
ProMo-T3

Post by ProMo-T3 »

Ordered ours 11th September and cancelled now after chasing them and finding out that it would be 10 months delay at least. It wouldn't have been delivered in time as our current XC40's PCP deal was due to end in the 9th month meaning we'd have no car and no trade in value either.
Managed to get to the dealer and snagged an Inscription Pro B4 instead and picking it up tomorrow. We'll have to wait a while for the electric version now. We've been lucky under the current circumstances considering, I feel.
B4 Inscription Pro AWD in Glacier Silver with all extra packs 12th Oct 21
Previously had a T3 Momentum Pro in Ice White for 3 years with tinted rears and 19's
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

ProMo-T3 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:48 pm Ordered ours 11th September and cancelled now after chasing them and finding out that it would be 10 months delay at least. It wouldn't have been delivered in time as our current XC40's PCP deal was due to end in the 9th month meaning we'd have no car and no trade in value either.
Managed to get to the dealer and snagged an Inscription Pro B4 instead and picking it up tomorrow. We'll have to wait a while for the electric version now. We've been lucky under the current circumstances considering, I feel.
Probably the best course of action. If I had known what a hassle it would be, I might have done similar or looked elsewhere. At least they are now being a bit more upfront about the timescales...
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

RobbieN wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:39 pm Do you think anyone from this CbV actually reads these posts. Most of the threads I have read are understandably pretty damming of their poor performance but they seem at best ambivalent. About as much use as chocolate fire guard.
Having gone through a full course of complaints about atrocious customer service, all the way to Volvo Cars International in Sweden, I can say quite conclusively that they do not care about their customers at all.
Cb42

Post by Cb42 »

Ordered my XC40 Recharge R Design Pro from Warrington Volvo on 7th JULY 2021 with a delivery date 14 Sept 21. I didn't hear anything until I contacted Warrington Volvo early September when they informed me my vehicle would be made on 5th Oct so expect delivery mid October. I called again early October and was informed that my vehicle would be delivered until mid to late November 21.

I did point out that I had seen them selling brand new XC40 recharge vehicles that week. The salesmen informed me that they had 21" wheels and not 20" as my order and had a sun roof fitted. They were also priced at £47,000 to £48,000. Either way they could change the wheel size and we could have a discussion about the sunroof. I'm keeping a log of new vehicles they are selling whilst customers sit waiting having paid a deposit months ago.

My concern is that when delivery time approaches they just fob me off with a date 4 to 6 weeks in the future and not a realistic date of when the car is going to be delivered. If they can sell cars in the current market for several thousand pounds more than I'm paying I think they would be happy for me to cancel.

I really don't trust anything they say anymore and wish they would be honest with me because I'm hearing off delivery dates of March 2022.

I actually sold my own car in July thinking my car was coming in September. That was a big mistake!

This would be my first Volvo my last two cars were Audi's, I will never buy from Volvo again.