No internet

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

I recently lost internet in my car and I put it down to the Vodafone sim that came with the car expiring as it’s just turned 1 year old. I put in a 3 data sim (internet with legs) and now I still don’t get the globe. I tried reinserting it and still nothing. Any thoughts ?

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Are you in a 3 coverage area?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Norton

Post by Norton »

I had a similar problem. I bought a Vodafone data only sim (24GB for 2 years for £45). I removed the Vodafone sim which came with the car and put in the new sim – but no globe and no internet. To get it to work I had to make a change to the settings.

I went to to: Settings > Communication > Car modem internet > Network > Mobile data

Then I put a tick in the “Automatically detect” box. The globe then appeared and I had an internet connection.
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

I don't know if this is relevant but, I kept losing my internet and I would have to re-insert the sim card, so I thought it has to be a bad connection, so I put a small piece of masking tape on the holder where the sim card sits to pack it out a bit, and touch wood after 3 mths i have never had a problem- famous last words!
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

I lost internet connection yesterday teatime. I couldn't even connect via bluetooth from my phone.

It started working again about 10 mins ago.
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

I guess most will frown with my post - but I'm old school - don't like modern ways with always on the phone, apps galore etc etc - so have never connected to the internet - did not insert the sim lol - just want a car JUST to be a car - when it goes in for service they update all the stuff then - bliss
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Oldie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:18 pm I guess most will frown with my post - but I'm old school - don't like modern ways with always on the phone, apps galore etc etc - so have never connected to the internet - did not insert the sim lol - just want a car JUST to be a car - when it goes in for service they update all the stuff then - bliss
You’re missing out on real-time traffic updates on your maps
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

My internet disappeared yesterday but was back today. I suspect something was going on atVodafone. I use TuneIn internet radio quite a bit in addition to the traffic info and of course the automatic map updates, so as long as it's free I will continue using it.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

Greggspies wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:49 pm My internet disappeared yesterday but was back today. I suspect something was going on atVodafone. I use TuneIn internet radio quite a bit in addition to the traffic info and of course the automatic map updates, so as long as it's free I will continue using it.
I use 3 so don't think it was down to vodaphone
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)