Key fob battery replacement

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I got a warning message today that the key fob battery was running low. Lòoking in the manual it seemed a simple process to replace it. But when I opened the key fob it looked nothing like the picture in the manual which shows a circulat battery cover.

My key only had the metal emergency key visible. No access to the battery that I could see.
Has anyone actually replaced a key battery yet or did you take it to the dealer.?
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.

samispade

Post by samispade »

Did mine last week. Followed the instructions in the manual with no problems. Have you taken both covers off? The battery is on the other side to the key.
XC40 FE Crystal White T5 no headlight washers 19" wheels. Ordered 2nd March. Delivered 26th April
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Releasing 1st cover will get you to the emergency key *AND* a second pin that needs to be pulled to remove the opposite cover. That's where the battery is, and it's clearly shown in the manual too
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Thanks will give it another go.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Norton

Post by Norton »

Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Great video. All sorted now thanks.