Order Has Disappeared

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

After moving from a December to January delivery, and after having my deposit refunded, my order has now disappeared - both on the app and on the web. Has this happened to anybody else?

Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Can you please explain how you can track an order on the app or the web, the only order number that I have is the number on the vehicle order form from the dealer
A previous post has suggested that the order number can be inputted into the vin number box when registering a new vehicle on the app, this didn’t work for me, the number seemed too short???

Any info appreciated
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I used to be able to click on the order confirmation from my online order to see it on the web (although the information it provided was not particularly useful). In the app, I put in the order number from my web order (I don't have the VIN yet). If you ordered through the dealer, that is perhaps a different number.
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Ok thanks for the info, I only have the dealer order number that is probably a different format. The dealer has said that the factory has confirmed the delivery of the vehicle to them as late November/ early December.
I will just have to trust them in the meantime.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Given that they keep changing the delivery timeframe for me, I would not trust them. When did you order? Is it the P8?
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
No it’s a much lower spec car, a B4 R design with only the park assist added, the car may not be effected by all of the chip problems as your hi spec order.
The car was really a telesales order , I used what car , similar to Carwow and communication was through their website and email. The price was agreed, part ex was agreed for December and I confirmed the purchase via email and the dealer then sent me the documents via email to ensign.

Interestingly he did not ask for a deposit that I thought was odd , however I have bought the car through a main dealer so I figure that he either trusts that I am not messing about or he doesn’t want the hassle of refunding me if the deliveries slip much further out.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Unfortunately I didn’t even have the option of part exchange. Welcome to the brave new world of online ordering.