sensus navigation error?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
xbimmer

Post by xbimmer »

Driving back home today Mildred (the name given to the voice on our satnav) told us the road near where we live was closed due to a landslide. We took a 20 mile diversion at her suggestion. No sign of any landslide and nothing on any local news or travel bulletin. Very odd.
D4 R-design in black.

Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

That'd be from Traffic info...
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Apart from feedback on traffic density, I don’t know where navigation advice comes from for recommended route change. On two occasions recently I’ve been advised to miss a lengthy queue by making a diversion on to a road which has been closed for several weeks for major restructuring. In general, I’m pleased to have this live traffic info. but it certainly has it’s wobbly moments.
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

The Sensus mapping seems a bit off, it regularly tries to route me along a road that has been closed for at least 6 years, and i have the latest updates. on a different note, is it my imagination or has Mildred developed a speech impediment with the latest update, I'm sure she used to be able to say "four" rather than "fo"?
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

pwliv wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:21 pm is it my imagination or has Mildred developed a speech impediment with the latest update, I'm sure she used to be able to say "four" rather than "fo"?
We had an A3 before the XC40 and that used to say "fo". When we took our first XC40 test drive my wife and I fell about when Doris (our lady under the bonnet) told us to take the A449 : A fo fo nine......

Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

I live close to the A40 and most trips start there for me. Sassy (the name I gave the satnav) always attempts to guide me on a 5 mile detour to join the A40, and sometimes tries to steer me on a 12 mile route to bypass the on-ramp that's a mile from where I live.
Gary Owen

Post by Gary Owen »

Hello,
Just bought a 2018 R-line manual xc40, very happy so far, But i tried the census navigation in Islington London
It was dreadful tried to take me right three times when they were no entry, and up a one way street the wrong way ! these roads have been like this for year
i think ? do i need an update? or is it not very good.
Also i use the WAZE app a lot on my phone, Can i get it to be on my Screen where sensus is and on my driving controls ( in between speedo and rev counter)
Gary
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

If your car has the optional Apple/android CarPlay equipment you can use WAZE on the Sensus console but it won’t appear on the driver screen.
If the option is fitted you should have an extra USB port under the screen with a white border around it. If that’s not there then you can’t use WAZE.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Gary Owen wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:34 pm Hello,
Just bought a 2018 R-line manual xc40, very happy so far, But i tried the census navigation in Islington London
It was dreadful tried to take me right three times when they were no entry, and up a one way street the wrong way ! these roads have been like this for year
i think ? do i need an update? or is it not very good.
Also i use the WAZE app a lot on my phone, Can i get it to be on my Screen where sensus is and on my driving controls ( in between speedo and rev counter)
Gary
There have been 4 or 5 updates since March this year... Easy to do with a 64GB USB stick and going to the Volvo download site... https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/downloads/maps/spa
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

Cornishman wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:16 pm ....Easy to do with a 64GB USB stick....
The Volvo instructions nominate a 64GB stick largely because the bigger downloads (e.g. Full Europe) approach that size. A North West Europe download however, which would update the UK, will work with a (much) smaller USB stick. (I suspect even a 4GB stick would be big enough - the download is bigger than the nominated 2GB, but not much!).
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)