What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

TangoHotel wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:52 pm To increase/decrease the heater temperature, press the Voice Command button and say "I'm cold" or "I'm hot" and the bossy woman will oblige.

Said harridan has difficulty when trying to understand my navigational requests, though. I might as well have the current wife sitting in the passenger seat barking "words of good advice" at me.........
I’m going to try that out 😁

Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

"Set temperature to XX degrees" works too!
Jaym1

Post by Jaym1 »

If your auto tailgate is stuck open, you manually push it closed and then lock and unlock the car and it normally resets itself.
jrdiazal

Post by jrdiazal »

ropetko wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:15 pm I've been having my XC40 D4 R-Design AWD for more than a year and I love it! I'm pretty sensitive to sounds (used to be a musician and am still enjoying a good music) and am a generation that still uses ringtones, so my iPhone rings with a different tune when my wife calls, some relative, colleagues,...
The sound in my R-Design is great so I use radio and Spotify most of the times and pretty much know all the noises and alarms my car makes. However, this week I was on my way to a business conference and back (some 1300 km in total) and for the first time I heard some very high pitch sound that lasted for about a second or two. The car was on a Pilot Assist (120 km/h) and navigation was on. At first I thought that's some alarm from my colleague's phone so I didn't pay much attention. But, after some time the same high-pitched voice appeared again. At that time I was trying to locate the alarm on my iPhone, since there was no message on any of displays in my car, plus I had to pass the intersection soon. Third time, after an hour or so, I started to worry me, but then we safely arrived at the hotel.
There was no high-pitch sound when I entered the car a couple of days later, nor when we started our journey back, so I thought everything is OK. Still, after an hour there was that high pitch alarm again! Then it hit me that sound must appear as a "wake up, pay attention!" when you are on the highway, your Pilot Assist is on and the navigation says you have to go right (or left in the UK) in a kilometer or so. Looks like your Volvo wants for you to pay more attention before you need to exit the highway and it alerts you when it estimates you might miss the exit. I've tested it on my next highway intersection and looks like that's the reason.
Have anyone else noticed this navigational + Pilot Assist alarm?

My brother and I were on the road when we noticed the same thing, but strangely enough it happened while navigating with Google maps through CarPlay. Pilot assist wasn’t activated either.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Electric memory seats.

Not something I’ve just found out but keep forgetting to add here. (Can’t find reference to it on a search).

With the memory seats, if, once in the car with door closed, you press ‘1’ to set the seat, you have to press and hold in order for the function to work.
But if the door is open, it’s just a ‘press and release’ and the seat will move to the saved setting.
It saves having to keep pressing the memory button and I find really handy.

It works in reverse as well (not the gear), where once you’ve parked, with the engine still running, if you click the door open, it’s a single press of the other saved setting to move the seat if needed.
Handy to ready the car for the boss. ;)
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Unlike all other cars I've driven, you can't angle the air vents downwards, only upwards.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Unless yours are different or stuck - the vents on an XC40 B4 go up-down-left-right :?
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

jamie307 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:40 am Unlike all other cars I've driven, you can't angle the air vents downwards, only upwards.
Mine move up and down.?
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Mine only go down as far as directing air at my chest i.e. horizontally.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

You can clearly see the black-slats behind the front control fascia pointing down to at least where your lap would be, certainly far lower than at the chest?