Hey all - soon to be new owner

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Hi

Just placed an order for a B4p R Design in Thunder Grey, due to land at Hull by month end. So all being well should have it early Dec, on a 71 plate.

Coming to Volvo after 3 Skodas - currently a 1lt Karoq, and looking forward to the extra punch and spec.

Happily browsing the other sections here whilst I wait.

Roll on.

BR Mike
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21

gripross

Post by gripross »

You’ll most definitely get extra punch out of the Volvo… and will feel very safe… however if you’ve been reading through the forum you’ll be prepared for how thirsty the car will be…, not an issue for me as I was prepared but some people do walk into it with their eyes closed and then moan about the poor fuel consumption.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
I’m sure you will enjoy your car, on the fuel consumption, I picked up my B4 yesterday from a dealer 60 miles from me mainly motorway then town driving for the last 6 miles or so. When I checked the app on fuel consumption the car had used 1.5 gallons and returned 39.6 mpg not bad for a cat had 7 miles on the clock when collected.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
johnpartis

Post by johnpartis »

yes I too am happy with the initial fuel consumption of my B4 fwd. Two 50 mile trips including Motorway yielded 40 mpg and despite a number of short trips around town averaging 36 mpg.

Hearing that new E10 fuel reduces fuel consumption. Any one regularly using more expensive E5 petrol?
XC40 Inscription Pro B4 FWD Denim Blue with 360, spare wheel, ordered 20 August 2021, due at Dealership first week in November. Actually collected 23 October 2021.
johnpartis

Post by johnpartis »

sorry E10 "increases fuel consumption"
XC40 Inscription Pro B4 FWD Denim Blue with 360, spare wheel, ordered 20 August 2021, due at Dealership first week in November. Actually collected 23 October 2021.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I noticed no discernible difference in my other cars. So regularly using E10 now.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

johnpartis wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:17 am sorry E10 "increases fuel consumption"
You’d never notice as it increases it by about 1%. Ive been using it for ages and don’t notice any difference
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

Firstly Mikeg1 I'm sure you'll love your car, I've had mine just over 2 weeks and absolutely love it. I came from a 1.6L diesel but was prepared for the reduced mpg. My dealership is over 300 miles from my home so a long motorway trip was my first test of the car and it returned a pleasing 42mpg. My work commute is a 16 mile round trip of mixed town, dual carriageway and county lanes which is so far giving me 32mpg. Overall I'm happy with that, even coming from a more frugal diesel.
My XC40 R design is a resounding step up from my Peugeot 2008, which had done sterling service for 7 years from new.
As a fellow Volvo newbie if there's anything you want to ask in preparation for yours please do so.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Can't seem to see a "thanks" button, so cheers all for the welcome.

@PlymDave thank you for your kind offer of help.

By way of more background, I'd originally had in mind a T3 auto as that's closest to our current Karoq, and had expected to have a wait - hence seeing a dealer now.

He threw us a bit of a curved ball by telling us about the B4P mild hybrid in the colour we wanted they'd got coming this month. And they could buy out the Karoq PCP (due to run till March) and give us some cash too. So we've ended up with something bigger and hopefully better all round.

We're retired. My boy racer days are over and we're pretty light footed. The car will be mainly used for local pottering and coast etc and occasional runs down from Leeds to London to our daughter there. We've got a gîte booked in the Loire Valley for next July so it will come into its own then - assuming covid and fishing don't b*llox it up ;)

Currently looking at options for rear rubber mats and tunnel mat (grandkids), the Volvo dog bars, and the plastic boot mat. Seems to be a few decent condition options on that well known auction site.

Anyhoo, cheers again :D
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Quick update.

Just been down to the dealer with bumf for the old car. Ordered a set of rubber mats and the boot mat.

The new car is due with them today, and the handover booked in for 17/11.

So, all being well, 15 days from order to pick up.

Couldnt be more pleased.
Mike. West Yorks.